Switch from 'Download' to Mac App Store version

BluE_4_U

Hello, 

already owning a full-version of Accordance 12, I wanted to switch to the Mac App Store version. However, I got stuck with the Lite version, not able to upgrade to full, without an in-app purchase.

How can I tell the MAS version, that I already own the full version, without a prior MAS version installed?

Is there a tutorial to switch from the Website-version to the MAS-version? 

Any help appreciated! 

Thanks!

-Jeroen 

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Why do you want to switch to Mac App Store?

If you search the forum you will find it is not best option. the wisdom of the forum is that You are safer to stay with what you have outside the forum for a number of reasons. 2 include:

There is a delay between getting update here and for it to appear on the apple site.

Apple take a cut so there are not as many in app purchases so most of what you want have to be purchased from the Accordance site anyway.

I have been a member since 2011 and made lots of purchases and not had any issues with the official Accordance site.

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

With 12.2+ the App Store version will support full Hand off. 

Maybe they support then later also iCloud than DropBox.

Both I would prefer.

Honestly best you wait till Accordance 13 is out to not loose any bucks for what you have paid for the program. For the modules don't hesitate. Even with the App Store version you can buy in the Accordance Store. I've Started with the Mac App Store version. The Mac App Store version belongs only to the program itself. 

Interesting would be what the Accordance staff says about this.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

I agree with Fraser. I have only used the Accordance program and modules from Accordance/Oak Tree Software (except in the very early days, when Gramcord was the distributor for acCordance; no, that is not a typo; that was the original spelling of the program). I do not perceive any advantage to having Accordance through the App Store.

Edited by Michael J. Bolesta
  • Like 1

Thanks Michael

Fabian These are some links that I had come across:

https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/20391-accordance-at-the-mac-app-store/

https://www.accordancebible.com/Accordance-12-MAS

https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/22033-in-app-purchases/

I have a vague recollection of another one but couldn’t find it

Edited by ukfraser

But purchasing through our online store won't affect you one way or another. It will download to your iOS device through Easy Install just like other titles.  From https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/22033-in-app-purchases/?p=107726and so on the MAS version too.

But I agree you have to wait much longer for an update, that was the reason to change for me. 

If he goes to the MAS version now he will loose the 60$ for the program. Thats why I wrote he should wait till 13 is out on MAS. If I'm correct.

Greetings

Fabian

Hi Jeroen,

MASAccordance12 currently has the ability to offer discounted upgrades from previous MASAccordance versions. We did not add the “WebStore Accordance to MASAccordance12” upgrade feature beause we did not expect much interest. As others have said, several customers migrate from MAS to webstore (where we can manually validate a previous purchase).

Thank you for the feedback,

Mike

If you switch in hope that the MAS version will allow you to share all your modules with family members using Family Sharing, think again. You cannot.

Hi there, 

thanks for your input and suggestions! :-) 

My motivation to switch to the MAS version was simply to foster the idea of having "one" place where I manage apps (install/update/remove). Furthermore, I'm looking forward to the "Possibility of future iCloud support" which seams to be restricted to the MAS-version [source]. Family sharing was not really on my bucket list ;-) but thanks for the remark. 

Since "hands-off" is working with a non-MAS-version, I was wondering if (in future) the iCloud support would be possible, too? 

So I think, I'll stick with the non-MAS-version for now :-)

-Jeroen 

• Like 1