Saved Workspaces

Battlesman

For years I've been saving workspaces into folders on my hard drive (post-32015-0-49499500-1514841565_thumb.png) next to my Word documents on that passage by clicking File > Save As... (post-32015-0-26038900-1514841590_thumb.png) using the passage as the file name.

Despite using the same process I've always used, Acc12 has begun to save them as Workspaces in the Library (post-32015-0-23636400-1514841608_thumb.png) in addition to my normal hard drive locations. It never appeared there before. 

Was it a bug the first time around that has now been corrected? Or is it a bug now? Or is it a change in how things are done in Accordance?

I can delete them manually like I've been doing in recent weeks, but I'd rather it work like it used to.

Thanks,

Dustin

Edited by Dustin Battles

They are still on the HD. See in your document Folder, Accordance Files, Maybe then in Workspace. 

The library thing is only for faster finding. They are not saved there, this is only a display.

Greetings

Fabian

Dustin, this happens to me, too. Like you, for years, I've saved an Accordance workspace wherever my projects are most of the time as opposed to the default Accordance Files folder. Sometimes a workspace will show up saved in the Library (and in the Workspaces icon on the toolbar) that I didn't specifically add there. I'm not certain why it happens sometimes and doesn't other times. I just go into my Library every now and delete them, making certain to be careful not to delete the actual file when Accordance asks.

They are still on the HD. See in your document Folder, Accordance Files, Maybe then in Workspace. 

The library thing is only for faster finding. They are not saved there, this is only a display.

Greetings

Fabian

It's in both places. I don't want it in the library. 

Dustin, this happens to me, too. Like you, for years, I've saved an Accordance workspace wherever my projects are most of the time as opposed to the default Accordance Files folder. Sometimes a workspace will show up saved in the Library (and in the Workspaces icon on the toolbar) that I didn't specifically add there. I'm not certain why it happens sometimes and doesn't other times. I just go into my Library every now and delete them, making certain to be careful not to delete the actual file when Accordance asks.

Glad to know I'm not the only one! So I take it this must be a bug? 

I'd not really noticed this before, but I created a new ws today and it ended up in the library. The doc would suggest that you have add it to the library workspaces (called favorite workspaces in the doc) explicitly. It happens on Windows as well as Mac.

Thx

D

Glad to know I'm not the only one! So I take it this must be a bug? 

Probably it is, but if so, it's been there a while at one level or another. This thread is the most I've ever thought about it :-)

This is actually not a bug, but an encouragement for most users to have easier access to their saved workspaces.  Many users don't keep them organized in the Accordance Files folder, but prefer all access to be from the Library.  It also helps Accordance deal with recalling saved workspaces just a bit better.

We only add a workspace to the Library the first time you save it, and of course it is easy to remove with a Command-Delete.  We can look into making this behavior optional if it becomes a problem to remove them from the Library.

• Like 1

Since I save workspaces into finder folders (not even Accordance Files) rather than the library, the ability to turn off adding it to library would be awesome.

This is actually not a bug, but an encouragement for most users to have easier access to their saved workspaces.  Many users don't keep them organized in the Accordance Files folder, but prefer all access to be from the Library.  It also helps Accordance deal with recalling saved workspaces just a bit better.

We only add a workspace to the Library the first time you save it, and of course it is easy to remove with a Command-Delete.  We can look into making this behavior optional if it becomes a problem to remove them from the Library.