Random Color Changes in Diagramming Tool

Carol K

I do not know if this is a bug or if I am accidentally activating a hot key combination. I cannot reproduce the problem consistently but it happens frequently (i.e. I can expect it to happen a few times anytime I am in the diagramming tool). 

I am running Accordance 12.2.1 on Mac OS 10.13.1. I am on a MacBook Pro TB 13", using the trackpad.

I am working in the diagramming tool from the NA28 Greek NT module. I have syntax color coding turned off.

Today I was working on Jude 3,4, from a saved session. This happened frequently while working in Philippians as well.

At seemingly random times, I will drag a diagram icon to the page and it turns some color. At the same time, the formatting tool bar color selector changes to a different, non-black color. With the icon still selected, I select "Black" and the icon (and formatting tool) goes back to black. 

I have not detected any patterns to which colors appear on either the icon or the toolbar, nor on which icons it happens to. 

Is this a known problem? I couldn't find any related bug or forum entry.

I tried to reproduce the problem. There appear to be two issues.

1) Even though I have “View all text in black” and “Print all text in black” selected in the Display preferences, every time I click a color-coded word, it turns the tool bar icon to the appropriate color. 

2) If I have recently selected a word that changes the tool bar color, sometimes the next diagramming symbol I drag to the page changes color from black. Sometimes it takes on the color of the tool bar icon. Sometimes it is a different color. 

Here are the steps I used and screen shots.

Jude 5-7

Dotted, slanted line. 

Move δε

Add base line.

Click on βούλομαι.

Tool bar icon turns red. Βολομαι stays black.

Change tool bar color back to black.

Move βούλομαι

Add d.o. symbol.

Click on Υπομνσαι

Tool bar icon turns red again.

Added Upper Standard. 

Moved τι.

Moved πώλεσεν (Tool bar color turned red. Left it alone.)

Moved base line. It turned yellow.

Selected και (last one in vs. 7). Tool bar turned turqoise.

Added left branch. It turned green.

“View all text in black” and “Print all text in black” are both selected in the display preferences.

Thank you for the report, I'll look into it!