I've lost a papers file

David Foster

This morning I went in to open up my a papers file I use for my devotions. I've been using it for months and has always been there (it was part of the workspace I created). 

But, I can't find it anywhere. I've searched through all the workspaces I have, I've searched the library and I've searched through the papers folder and the accordance folder on my HD. 

Does anyone know how this happened and how can find it? 

Thanks kindly! 

Thanks Helen. I did end up going in and found an older version in Time Machine. Do you know how this happened though (so I don't do it again!)? Is it because I created a paper module but didn't reserve the workspace? 

If you use Dropbox, it will save a deleted file for thirty days (after a deletion) in a fashion that allows it to be recovered. I was pleasently surprised when I discovered this and recovered the file that had been deleted in a scenario involving problems in an update.

Shalom,

Joseph 

Thanks Solly, I do have everything synced with Dropbox. I'll go and see what I can find!  

Excellent David! I recovered all but one file from my Time Machine backups and the missing file was still in the Dropbox recently deleted portion and could be recovered. Make sure you show the files via dropbox.com and toggle "show deleted files" found on the right" under Upload Files. You should be able to see the recently deleted file in it's original folder. Choose it, and you will be given an option to restore or permanently delete. 

Viel Glück,

Joseph

I believe that we have figured out what caused some files to disappear, but it wouldn't hurt to send a report to support with details of what happened as far as you know.

Excellent David! I recovered all but one file from my Time Machine backups and the missing file was still in the Dropbox recently deleted portion and could be recovered. Make sure you show the files via dropbox.com and toggle "show deleted files" found on the right" under Upload Files. You should be able to see the recently deleted file in it's original folder. Choose it, and you will be given an option to restore or permanently delete. 

Viel Glück,

Joseph

It wasn't there buy at least I know for the future. Thanks! 

I believe that we have figured out what caused some files to disappear, but it wouldn't hurt to send a report to support with details of what happened as far as you know.

Thanks Helen. I don't think I can send a report... I simply opened up the workspace and noticed that it was gone!