• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guntis

Guntis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • Interests:Theology, music, art,  gadgets, photography, etc…
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 05 January 2018 - 06:14 PM

I search for "1 Samuel 3:1-10; John 1:43-51" in Accordance. In the parallel column I have open "Feasting on the Word, B". When I scroll to 1 Samuel 3:1-10, Feasting on the Word opens me commentary on this passage, but it is not from the Second Sunday After The Epiphany, but from the Proper 4 (Sunday Between May 29 And June 4 Inclusive), which is several weeks later. Why does it skip first reference to 1 Samuel 3:1-10 and jumps to the second? Actually problem is deeper —there could be several cases when the same passage could be repeated elsewhere, so it would be good if Accordance could use some kind of logic to determine which section to show. Probably by using current date? Or, it could present me some sort of list with all those commentaries on the same passage in different parts of its volumes, and I could choose. It could "remember" my choice for that week. 

“Teach the way of God in Accordance” (Matt 12:14, NIV-Accordance edition)
“Those who live in Accordance (with the Spirit) have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” (Rom 8:5, NIV-Accordance edition)
(retina MacBook Pro 15.4" (mid 2014) — Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD. macOS Catalina, Accordance 12.3.7)

#2 Daniel Francis

Daniel Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts
  • Interests:Contemplative prayer, ecological stewardship, science-fiction, and cat herding are some of my interests.
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 05 January 2018 - 06:42 PM

While swatting bugs here ever since 12.2 Feasting on the gospels is no longer citing properly just in shortened URL form (pleases see example below). 

The Fourth Gospel evinces numerous tensions within itself, obvious literary seams, responses that do not answer the question posed, and so on. There are apparent strata, and scholars posit a lengthy and complicated composition history. Let us take a moment to sort out at least three of these strata chronologically.

https://accordance.b...g-Gospels#20545

-dan

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Feasting on the Word

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users