Amplify to a Favorite Workspace

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

I took a little time to play with Accordance 8 new features. One of the things I did was set up some favorite workspaces along the lines of the demo. I called them "Hebrew Word Search" and "Greek Word Search" The both contain search windows (set to search for Words in a Hebrew or Greek text) and Hebrew or Greek Tools (e.g. BDB, UBS).

They show up in my favorites list, but if I select a word and try to amplify to them, I get an error message that reads:

The text "Greek Word Search" is not currently available to Accordance.

I can open (but not amplify to) the workspaces from the Library palette, but not from the Resource Palette.

The workspaces in question have been saved in ~/Documents/Accordance/Workspaces/Favorite Workspaces

Note that I had no luck adding saved workspaces to the Library window by clicking the Add button. All of my previously saved workspaces (even the new ones I created in Accordance 8) were greyed out in the File Picker dialog when I clicked add. I did manage to add them by opening the workspace in Accordance and choosing "Add Workspace" from the Favorites menu in the Resource panel.

I'm using Accordance 8 (Universal) on a PPC machine (iBook G4) running 10.4.11 with the latest security update.

Lorinda

Lorinda:

You cannot add workspaces directly from the Library. The Add button only allows you to add modules.

Please email your workspaces to me to see if I can reproduce the bug. I do wonder if it's due to the location, but they have worked for us on the desktop and in ~/Documents/Accordance files.

Lorinda,

Try going into your user folder/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences and removing the Favorites settings. Then relaunch Accordance and try adding your favorite workspaces again. I seem to remember having a similar problem during beta-testing and I believe that fixed it. Of course, you'll also need to redo any modules you've added as favorites.

Helen:

I've sent you the workspaces. Since then I've tried the following:

-Removing all the Text Search tabs in the workspace, leaving only Greek Tools tabs; saving under a new name; adding to favorites; amplifying to new favorites

-Removing all Greek Tools tabs in the workspace, leaving only Text Search tabs; saving under a new name; adding to favorites; amplifying to new favorites

-Saving one of these to the Desktop

In each case I get the same error message.

If I think of anything else to try I'll let you know the results.

Lorinda

David,

My apologies, I missed your post last time. Renaming the old Favorites preferences file did indeed fix the issue.

As you mentioned, I lost all of my old favorites, but truth be told I wasn't using them much.

Lorinda

I had the same problem and removed my favorites preference and all seemed fine. The problem reappeared after I added modules rebuilding my favorites list in the library window. I could launch a favorite workspace from the library window, but not from the favorites menu in the resource palette. After I removed a folder which had modules nested within it from the favorite modules list then all worked fine.

Archived