Original Language Keyboards

jarcher

I'm wondering if anyone has found a way to use the same keyboard layout outside of Accordance as inside Accordance?

• Like 1

Sure - which keyboards are you using ? You pretty much have to do it the other way around - use the same keyboard you use outside Acc in it. I don't think the Acc internal keyboard mappings will work. So you need to set Acc to use the system keyboard.

Thx

D

Got it. That makes sense.

Right now I use the Mac OS X language keyboards but always struggle with some characters. I know the Accordance ones pretty well. But.. when typing in a word processor I have to switch keyboards and then struggle with some characters. Which then usually means I just type it in Accordance and paste to the word processor.

• Like 1

Ok, you'll need to get a keyboard mapping you like that will do everything you need. I think (it's been a while since I set this up) I'm using Ezra SIL for Hebrew, I am using John Schwandt's EZAccent for Greek. I try to use the same mapping everywhere, Mac or PC. It just minimizes what I have to recall.

Thx

D

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I'm sorry to be dim-witted here, but I have the exact same question and desideratum, and I still don't know what steps to take to resolve it.  

I'm on a Mac and i set up international  set up Unicode Keyboards in system preferences. So I can easily switch alphabets when typing in a Word Processor, and create unicode Hebrew, Greek, and Syriac (I can can mess with the font/display later, since it's unicode).  

But each of these different scripts has an keyboard layout unlike that of Accordance.  

1. Is there a way to re-map the respective keyboards on my computer (I guess this is a kind of "system-wide" preference thing?) so that they're identical to Accordance?  

2. Alternatively, would it be easier to re-map Accordances's text entry for the various scripts?

If either of those is possible, could someone point me to the instructions on how to do either #1 or #2? 

Many thanks!  

Jeremy

Jeremy, technically both are possible, but #2 is far easier.

To accomplish #1 you need to create your own keyboard, or find someone else who has done it.  Its very doable, but would probably take a few hours, and requires familiarity with many keys.

For #2, this should work directly.  Just switch to the unicode keyboard in Accordance, like you would your word processor, and the keys should be the same.