12.2.2 crashes if I edit a user tool in the middle

Chuck Schneider

If I click at the end of my user took and hit enter or space, it opens fine.

If I click in the middle of the tool (or a little ways up from the end) and hit enter or space , it crashes.

If I start at the end and use command-up to move up into the earlier portions of the tool, it eventually crashes. This usually happens long before I get to the middle.

I don't think my user tool is very big, but just in case, is there a size limit for user tools?

I had a similar problem but it was will a tool that I update regularly. It seemed to be an issue with tab characters getting corrupted after an update. I have raised a bug report about it. It would crash when I scrolled to a certain point in the tool or if that point was included in the block that was being opened.

I had to restore to a version that did not crash, replace all the tab characters and use 'manual spacing' instead then reapply any changes I had made since that version. I have not had any problems since although every so often after a number of updates I scroll through the tool to make sure there there are no crashes.

Hey Chuck, thanks for the report!

By any chance was there a crash report generated when this crash happened?  That could be very helpful if you have it!  A copy of the user tool would also help.

I know it may not be quite the same problem but I have a copy of a version of mine that crashes.

• Like 1

Sounds good Steve, I'd love to have a look!

Sorry Silas. I saved the version that was crashing however testing it out now it no longer causes a crash. The version of Accordance has changed since so maybe it is something to do with that.

• Like 1

This problem seems to be resolved in 12.2.3. Thank you!

• Like 1