Pain with Panes

OzBassman

Hello Fellow Accordance Users.  I did not go through all the 80 pages of posts in this section.  I gave up at 8 and am hoping my issue can be resolved here.

Issue 1.

In the left most pane I am currently reading BAR journals.  In the right pane/s I have the ESV as the default bible.  I wish to change this to the NJB please and maintain the Commentary as The Catholic Study Bible.

When ever I drag the NJB to the left side of the right pane and click on a link in the BAR journal the pane reverts to ESV.

Issue 2.  I would wish that when I read today's devotion that:

a). It opens with the Devotional selection

B). The default bible is NJB

c.  Commentary is Catholic Study Bible.

3.  I have yet to purchase this module.  Though when I do, that is The Catholic Commentary on Sacred Scriptures.  I would like it also to be available along with Catholic Study Bible.

I have tried going through "Preferences" and successfully been able to change font size.  Everything that was label ESV I have changed to NJB.

Alas no success.

4.  I do no know how to use the map, timeline and photo samplers unless I interact with them directly.  I was hoping if I click on averse and there is a photo associated without verse the appropriate photo would pop up.

To this I have the BAR Photo module and am at a loss how to make use of this module as well.

Could some body please show me where I am going wrong.

Thank you Kindly.

Warm regards,

Paul.

Hi Paul,

It looks you are dealing with multiple issues, but let me try to address at least most of them.

If you navigate to your Preferences/Tool Display, you should a setting for 'Text' underneath 'Hypertext'. If you change this to the NJB, it should open when you click on a link in BAR or any other tool. This should also make the NJB your default Bible when opening your Daily Reading.

The Catholic Study Bible will not open automatically when you open your Daily Reading, but you can put it in Parallel with your default Bible text in the right pane.

You can highlight a verse in your Bible text and then use the Amplify icon in your Toolbar to select the BAR or Photo Sampler. Doing so will open any mentions of that verse in BAR or the Photo Sampler. If you highlight a Biblical location, you can select the Map from the Amplify icon to open that location in your Atlas.

You can also e-mail us at support@accordancebible.com if you need more assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Blessings,

Ryan

• Like 1

Dear Ryan,

Thank you ever so much.  I have been going about this all together incorrectly.  Your way is so much simpler.  I now have my devotional in one tab and BAR in another on the same work space.  On the right of that in its own pane is NJB and to the right of that is The Catholic Study Bible.

Thank you ever so much.  I did eventually find the help menu.  Though your explanation was so much easier and has made my day.

God Bless,

Paul.

• Like 1

Paul

A few random things in addition to what Ryan has provided.

1, have you discovered the podcasts? Dr. J has created a lot including timeline and atlas (I also watch the recorded webinars to see how others use Accordance).

https://www.accordancebible.com/Podcasts-Recommended/

2. The other thing is I like manuals and there is a very basic manual which helps, particularly with atlas and time line.

http://www.accordancefiles1.com/products/Accordance11Manual-print.pdf

There is an online help but I find this pdf helpful and with the podcasts, I get to see what the software can do and gives me ideas on helping the way I study.

3. Daily reading, when you have got it how you want it with the study bible, save the workspace so you can open it for daily reading and create a different one for study with bar and commentaries etc.

These are all under the support tag on the main site.

Edited by ukfraser

Another very helpful link to many of your resources is the Info Pane. It displays many kinds of links to resources that are relevant to the top verse in the text pane. A command-click anywhere in a different verse switches the Info Pane to that verse.

Dear Accordance Forum Members,

Once again, I would like to thank everyone yet again for their friendly and knowledgeable advise.

I do intend to purchase the advised packages over time and will try to make the most of current discounts.  I am treating Accordance as a enjoyable journey as I slowly pick up one package at a time.

Currently I am reading BAR and Image of Christ and enjoying both very much.  I also enjoy the Devtionals in the morning with the varied passages selected for that day.  I find this far my delightful than just wading through the Bible one chapter at a time.

The next three packages, bundles that I will have to decide between are CCSS, NIB 12 volumes and the Discover Package.  Due to available funds I think it will be the CCSS first, though I have to consider the Curren discount on the Discover Package.

Once again, I am very thankful to the warm and friendly advise I have received on this Forum from its members.

Warm regards,

God Bless,

Paul.

Dear Helen,

The INFO Pane.  Is that the PANE at the bottom of the screen that runs horizontally across the bottom under the TEXT Panes please?

Warm regards,

Paul.

Info pane podcast

https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/21498-155-info-pane-improvements/

I think you are referring to instant details, though virtually everything can be moved to where you want it.

https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/19179-146-customizing-workspaces/

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

One thing to remember is a few times a year a 20% or 25% off any regular priced item happens... so those can be useful times to get something that is not on sale... Unfortunately it may happen when funds are not around. One thing to remember is that payment plans are an option and can be a good way to get something at the sale price. For example  NIB regular Price: $599.00 PayPlan Available: Example $72.55 per month for 9 months, now unless I am mistaken (which I may be), sale prices are still eligible for a pay plan Meaning that for roughly $55 a month for 9 months you could have the NIB under a 25% off scenario. It is most certainly NEVER a bad thing to simply save up for what you want, but there are options. Most people cannot afford to simply go out and buy an automobile cash down. But through prudent planning and decision making most people will purchase a car over time. You will need to figure out if this is something you would like to consider at the time of a sale or not but like I said an option well worth thinking about and they are not getting rich off financing charges which are very minimal.

-dan

Edited by Daniel Francis

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys.  I have done it again.  NJB is no longer my default Bible when clicking on verses from my Daily Devotional listings.  The ESV appears to be the default.  I thought I was being smart by creating three folders when reading the book (Biblical Studies) How to Choose Translation for All Its Worth.

When the Libary button is clicked it displays a list of headings.  One being “Texts”. I have created three folders, “Formal”, Mediating and “Functional” in that order.

Formal contains :

NRSV with Strong's

NRSV parallel texts

ESV with Strong's

ESV with Strong’s (free)

KJV Apocrypha

KJV with Strong's

Mediating Contains:

NJB

NAB Revised

Functional contains:

ASV

I do not know if this has caused my issue or I did somethimng else.

I have played around for some time changing settings.  But all I think I have dome is made a mess of it.

Sorry.

Paul.

I am still scratching my head.  All is sorted and I am not sure how.

Thank you for reading.

Paul.