Library Window

Justin Burt

Maybe I am missing what the divider line is all about, but after I arranged my texts in the Library Window, the texts that are below the divider line I inserted, won't show up when I want to switch texts in the text pane. Is this normal? Am I missing what the divider line is all about? If this is normal, please tell me what the divider line is intended for. Thanks.

Maybe I am missing what the divider line is all about, but after I arranged my texts in the Library Window, the texts that are below the divider line I inserted, won't show up when I want to switch texts in the text pane. Is this normal? Am I missing what the divider line is all about? If this is normal, please tell me what the divider line is intended for. Thanks.

Justin, forgive the obvious question, but did you save the changes you made in Library (command-s, or click update)? The divider should show up when viewing texts from the resource palette or from within the text pane itself.

I wonder if the texts below the line belong to a different corpus. The line just visually separates the modules on the list. However, you cannot add texts from a different corpus in a parallel pane. You should see all the text modules in the search text pop-up menu.

Yes, you must Update rthe window to see the changes.

Perhaps a screenshot would help, if you still have a problem.

Yes I did update, and everything looks fine in the Library Window. I will try to get a screen shot of everything so you can see what is going on. Basically, I have all of my texts in different folders based on what language they are. Then I have Biblical texts on top, then a divider line, then non-Biblical texts. It is the non-Biblical texts below the divider line that are not showing up. I have an * in the search window so they should all be able to be read...I think. Anyway, let me get a screen shot.

Ok, here is the screen shot. I have my two Indonesian Bibles, BIS & ITB, then I have some "extra Biblical" work done by and Indonesian here that I have imported as a User Bible, JCO, which does not show up. I thought it was because of it being a User Bible, but it is happening with all of my folders. Thanks again for your help.

I have noticed a similar thing, in my case there are two texts below the space that are there in the text pop-up (or pull-down or whatever you call it) selection for the search pane, but are not there in the pop-up selection in the search results pane.

As these texts are AF and JOSEPH, I'm assuming they are missing in the results pane because they do not contain the Biblical text.

The options available in the results pop-up depend on the text selected in the search pop-up.

You can test this by doing a search in AF or JOSEPH, if you have them. You will not be able to access any other texts in the second menu.

The top menu lets you select any installed text for a new search, the second (results) menu only lets you switch between complementary texts, i.e., not from a "different corpus."

HTH

That is the weird thing, I have not searched for anything in the screen shot. All that is in the search window is an *. That means that all texts should be available in the text pane, right?

I see an asterisk (wild card) search in the text BIS. Does that make a difference?

Can you do another screen grab of the top menu, showing what else is in the Indonesian Texts sub-menu?

Again, this is not a bug. You are showing the text pane pop-up menu and like the Add pane pop-up, it shows only texts from the same corpus as your search text. You cannot display a text form a different corpus than the search text. We don't need to see the whole screen, but we do need to see the Library Window and the Search text pop-up menu itself, if you think there is a problem.

Here is a screenshot of the Library Window. Hope this helps. No, if I take the * out, and search what I know is there, there are scripture references, it still is the same.

I just noticed in the screen shot, that the Library Window needs to be updated, that is because I was working on my Greek Tools when I pulled the screen shot. I had updated my Texts earlier this evening.

You said JCO is extra biblical. In that case, it makes no difference what your search argument is. If the Search text is Biblical it will not show up in the other menus.

Something so obvious. Sorry to trouble with that. Thanks for your help though. Everything that is Biblical, is showing up in that window, everything non-Biblical, is not.

Archived