Supporting other languages?

Ashadelo

Not sure if I should be posting this here or not. But is there a way that accordance can be updated to support Chinese text? I use accordance every single day for my studying and teaching and it really consumes a lot of time first doing my work in Accordance and then in some other program so that I can properly translate into Chinese the work that was done in Accordance. For example....

The Virgin Birth of Jesus Christ - 耶稣基督是童贞女所生

A future update that would allow notes, bible verses, etc in be typed out in both Chinese and English would be such a huge blessing you don't even know.

Any plans?

In Christ,

Edited by Ashadelo
  • Like 1

It is possible to type notes in Chinese in the latest version of Accordance.  You would just need to set your keyboard to the appropriate language.  And we have several Chinese texts available in the store: https://www.accordancebible.com/store/International-Bibles 

Edited by Silas Marrs
  • Like 1

Is it because I only have 11.5 and not 12? Because instead of Chinese text showing up like 地狱的永久 it shows up as gibberish "35><p}/230uf" kind of like that.

I have already purchased three different versions of the Chinese Bible for Accordance, thanks for the heads up though.

BTW, i cant figure out how to post screenshots on this forum  <_<

post-33440-0-23936300-1516725916_thumb.png

post-33440-0-12683700-1516725936_thumb.png

Edited by Ashadelo

Right under the post frame there is a "More Reply Options". You can then add images and there come another one which you can add in the post itself.

Greetings

Fabian

It is possible to type notes in Chinese in the latest version of Accordance.  You would just need to set your keyboard to the appropriate language.  And we have several Chinese texts available in the store: https://www.accordancebible.com/store/International-Bibles 

Comes in one of the next updates the full interlinear support for Chinese Bibles? https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/22639-interlinear-support-for-the-chinese-bibles-with-strongs/?hl=chinese

And hopefully soon unicode supported User Tool.

Greetings

Fabian

Right under the post frame there is a "More Reply Options". You can then add images and there come another one which you can add in the post itself.

Greetings

Fabian

Thanks

So if I upgrade to 12 can I start typing in Chinese?

post-32723-0-30925500-1516726479_thumb.png

Yes except in User Tools. But hopefully soon 11.3?

You can have then also the Ui in Chinese Simplified. Maybe https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/22643-update-accordance-winmac-122-this-ones-a-big-deal/?p=110812will come too.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

post-32723-0-19487300-1516727010_thumb.png

Here a screenshot with the Chinese simplified UI.

Greetings

Fabian

好吧,只有Accordance能给我们写汉子的话,那时我才买更新的。 :(

Edited by Ashadelo

Ashadelo, we are adding improved unicode support all of the time, including in version 12 (also Simplified Chinese localization!)

The issue with your user notes, though, should not have anything to do with v11 vs v12.  You are just using an older format of User Notes.  To upgrade them to the newer format, including unicode support, go to Preferences -> User Files -> Upgrade User Notes.

• Like 1

Ashadelo, we are adding improved unicode support all of the time, including in version 12 (also Simplified Chinese localization!)

The issue with your user notes, though, should not have anything to do with v11 vs v12.  You are just using an older format of User Notes.  To upgrade them to the newer format, including unicode support, go to Preferences -> User Files -> Upgrade User Notes.

Upgraded, still the same problem.

Thanks anyways

This should be working fine.  Perhaps you should arrange a session with Technical Support to identify the problem?

This should be working fine.  Perhaps you should arrange a session with Technical Support to identify the problem?

i doubt it’s a problem on my end. I just bought a new MacBook Pro two days ago and the new one as well as my old one have this problem.

The only time a program (not just accordance) has this problem is when the actual software does not support Chinese font.

There are many things that could not be working as you expected, or that we are misunderstanding each other on how you are performing it.  I'm not saying its a problem on your end, but one of our tech support staff screensharing with you can either help clarify something you missed, or help show us an aspect you are hoping to do that we are missing.

Aside from that, all I know is that Chinese is fully supported throughout the program, and we have many Chinese users that can attest to that.  I'm able to easily enter it into my notes, search the text, copy and export, or display in Simplified Chinese localization.  If any of these aren't working for you, I highly recommend you (for free) talk to our technical support.

There are many things that could not be working as you expected, or that we are misunderstanding each other on how you are performing it.  I'm not saying its a problem on your end, but one of our tech support staff screensharing with you can either help clarify something you missed, or help show us an aspect you are hoping to do that we are missing.

Aside from that, all I know is that Chinese is fully supported throughout the program, and we have many Chinese users that can attest to that.  I'm able to easily enter it into my notes, search the text, copy and export, or display in Simplified Chinese localization.  If any of these aren't working for you, I highly recommend you (for free) talk to our technical support.

Sorry, maybe that was a lack of clarity on my end. I have no problem typing comments or notes when its tied to a Bible.

*see picture one*

However, lets say I create a new user tool or even open an existing one to create my own notes or paper then I cannot type in Chinese. This is completely independantly from a book or Bible version.

*see picture two*

Also, will Accordance 13 come out this year? Just wondering if I decide to upgrade to 12 will there be a newer version around the corner?

post-33440-0-80697700-1516770121_thumb.png

post-33440-0-19618900-1516770287_thumb.png

Edited by Ashadelo

Ah, I see what you mean.  Yes, the User Tool is the one area of the program that does not support unicode (yet).  We do support unicode in User Notes, as well as in the (v12 only) Stack and Paper.

We don't ever announce or promise versions, but I can assure you that if you buy and there is an upgrade shortly afterwards, the upgrade gets discounted, or maybe even free if it was recent enough.

• Like 2

Ah, I see what you mean.  Yes, the User Tool is the one area of the program that does not support unicode (yet).  We do support unicode in User Notes, as well as in the (v12 only) Stack and Paper.

We don't ever announce or promise versions, but I can assure you that if you buy and there is an upgrade shortly afterwards, the upgrade gets discounted, or maybe even free if it was recent enough.

Is paper kind of like microsoft word built into Accordance? I read a little about it on Accordance main page. This might be a solution to my problem for now.

• Like 1

Yes, Paper is a structured word processor document for creating outlined content. Paper makes it easy to create sermons, lesson plans, academic paper, and more.

http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/OSX12/Default.htm#topics/05_dd/working_with_paper.htm%3FTocPath%3DDigging%2520Deeper%7CWorking%2520with%2520Paper%7C_____1

Yes, Paper is a structured word processor document for creating outlined content. Paper makes it easy to create sermons, lesson plans, academic paper, and more.

http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/OSX12/Default.htm#topics/05_dd/working_with_paper.htm%3FTocPath%3DDigging%2520Deeper%7CWorking%2520with%2520Paper%7C_____1

Thanks, for letting me know. Looks like I need to upgrade 

• Like 1