abex3012

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:30 PM

Hello 

Every time i want to look up a verse in a commentary, it goes to my visual resources (manuscripts, pictures, maps etc)  instead. I have tried to see if I could fix it myself, but have not been able to do that. Therefore I would like to ask if there is a way to fix this problem? 

Thanks in advance 

#2 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 4,247 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Interests:Accordance (of course!); biblical studies & backgrounds; Early Church writings; Eastern Orthodox theology & practice; spending time with my wife, Kathy, and my hound, Lucy Mae; cooking with cast iron and Tabasco; getting lost on country roads in my Jeep Wrangler
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:33 PM

Can you describe the steps you're taking when this happens? 

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

#3 abex3012

abex3012

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:01 PM

While i am reading I might want to look a certain verse in a commentary. So I right click (I don't know what it is called when you have a Mac, but i click with two fingers), and then i am able to look things up, for example the context, map, dictionary, commentary etc. This is not a problem when I want to look up something in a map, or look up the context, or looking up a word or term in the dictionary. It is also problem when I go to my library to open up a commentary there. The problem is when i right click on a verse, clicking on "look up" and choosing "commentary". This is not a huge problem, but it just takes a longer time to look something up in a commentary, and therefore i just want to see if there is a way to fix the problem. 

#4 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,658 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:07 PM

What comes up if you triple click on the verse reference?

Greetings

Fabian

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

#5 abex3012

abex3012

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:08 PM

If i triple click it goes to translator notes

translator notes and cross references

#6 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 4,247 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Interests:Accordance (of course!); biblical studies & backgrounds; Early Church writings; Eastern Orthodox theology & practice; spending time with my wife, Kathy, and my hound, Lucy Mae; cooking with cast iron and Tabasco; getting lost on country roads in my Jeep Wrangler
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:09 PM

The problem is when i right click on a verse, clicking on "look up" and choosing "commentary". This is not a huge problem, but it just takes a longer time to look something up in a commentary, and therefore i just want to see if there is a way to fix the problem. 

Ok. When I do that, it goes to the first title in my Commentaries folder. Do you have a Commentaries folder under Tools in your Library or folders called Reference Tools, Greek Tools, English Tools, etc? 

A better way to see what commentaries say on a verse is to put the Info Pane in parallel. With your biblical text open, click the Add Parallel button and Info Pane. Move your mouse over a commentary title and you can see it Instant Details what it contains. Click on the cover to open it in parallel.

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

#7 abex3012

abex3012

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:15 PM

My commentaries are under Tools.

I will also try to use the info pane. I totally forgot about that, maybe that will work better for me  :)

#8 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 23 January 2018 - 06:05 PM

There are a couple of brilliant podcasts
This turbo one shows the way info pane has been taken to the next level

https://www.accordan...e-improvements/

Initial one includes an overview of the basic info pane in case you need it
https://www.accordan...ails/?id=156788

Info pane is just so good.
Fraser Sims
Accordance 3x on iOS 12x on iPad pro and iPhone 8, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: search, commentary, technical problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users