problems with looking verses up in commentaries

abex3012

Hello 

Every time i want to look up a verse in a commentary, it goes to my visual resources (manuscripts, pictures, maps etc)  instead. I have tried to see if I could fix it myself, but have not been able to do that. Therefore I would like to ask if there is a way to fix this problem? 

Thanks in advance 

Can you describe the steps you're taking when this happens? 

While i am reading I might want to look a certain verse in a commentary. So I right click (I don't know what it is called when you have a Mac, but i click with two fingers), and then i am able to look things up, for example the context, map, dictionary, commentary etc. This is not a problem when I want to look up something in a map, or look up the context, or looking up a word or term in the dictionary. It is also problem when I go to my library to open up a commentary there. The problem is when i right click on a verse, clicking on "look up" and choosing "commentary". This is not a huge problem, but it just takes a longer time to look something up in a commentary, and therefore i just want to see if there is a way to fix the problem. 

What comes up if you triple click on the verse reference?

Greetings

Fabian

If i triple click it goes to translator notes

translator notes and cross references

The problem is when i right click on a verse, clicking on "look up" and choosing "commentary". This is not a huge problem, but it just takes a longer time to look something up in a commentary, and therefore i just want to see if there is a way to fix the problem. 

Ok. When I do that, it goes to the first title in my Commentaries folder. Do you have a Commentaries folder under Tools in your Library or folders called Reference Tools, Greek Tools, English Tools, etc? 

A better way to see what commentaries say on a verse is to put the Info Pane in parallel. With your biblical text open, click the Add Parallel button and Info Pane. Move your mouse over a commentary title and you can see it Instant Details what it contains. Click on the cover to open it in parallel.

My commentaries are under Tools.

I will also try to use the info pane. I totally forgot about that, maybe that will work better for me  :)

There are a couple of brilliant podcasts

This turbo one shows the way info pane has been taken to the next level

https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/21498-155-info-pane-improvements/

Initial one includes an overview of the basic info pane in case you need it

https://www.accordancebible.com/resources/multimedia/details/?id=156788

Info pane is just so good.