Trouble with new highlight

ThomTarzan

Hi!

I use the newest accordance 12 for windows 10. 

I had hoped you would have fixed this problem in some of the resent updates but the problem still exist.

I can neither create a new highlight file nor delete the old ones.

Anyways, thank you for the steady follow up with lots of updates. We all appreciate the enormous service!

Highlight files can be made using the Define Highlight Styles dialog, or the gear on the Highlight Palette.

Do you mean that selecting 'New highlight File...' from the gear does nothing for you?

There really is no way to delete them from within the program, though.

Yes, thats exactly what I mean. Whenever I try to creat a new highlight file/style, say I want to color code the syntax, nothing happens. Im stuck with the highlight file that comes with accordance. And that file I allready have given another purpose...

Thanks for the reply, Orly!

I am on a Mac not Windows and I can create a new highlight file. However I think there is a 'process' problem.

I can add the new highlight file shown in the screenshot:

post-30494-0-84613600-1516965045_thumb.png

If I create a new highlight file however the one it initially displays so that you can define new highlights is the last one you were using. 

It does actually create the file so that you can switch to it and then define highlights but it is not displaying that when you initially create it.

Not sure if the same thing is happening on Windows.

Should I add this to the Mac bug swatters forum or is it OK here?

Thom,

If Steve's description is not what you see see --

Could you please click on the Utilities menu and select 'Check for App Update.'  Do you get a new version?  There is now 12.2.3.1 where I see that this menu item is working properly.  

Let me know if you do have the latest version and still see the problem.

Hi, Steve and Orly!

Orly, yes I just got the update (you got to love how quick they are to fix bugs!), unfortunately the update did not correct the bug im striving with.

Steve, looks like that the problem in windows is a bit more severe than on Mac. Because I can not create the highlight file what so ever. I think you should notice the accordance team that the bug exists on Mac as well at the proper forum.

OK just a thought. I have created a new post for the Mac forum.

Thom,

I see the problem and it will be fixed in the next build.

Thank you

This is great.  I just experienced this same issue, and here it is being addressed.  Awesome.  Thanks.  (When I tied to create a new Highlight, it would even hang the program.  It would crash and I would need to restart Accordance.)