12.2.3.1 Weirdness in Halley's – Photo on top of text

Julia Falling

Hey –

I don't know how important this is, but thought it was better to report it.

I have Accordance installed on my Mac mini even though I never use it on that machine – it's there merely for backup.  However, before updating to 12.2.3.1 I noticed this oddity.

post-330-0-18319000-1516995436_thumb.png

I then updated, assuming the problem would go away.  It didn't.  So I quit Accordance and restarted.  Still there.  

I then checked the same module in the same place on my Air – the machine where I always run Accordance.  Everything was fine.

I went back to the mini and rebooted.  The workspace opened up with the same problem.  I started wondering if the workspace itself might be corrupted.  I began a new one with just one text, and the Info pane and then added Halley's in parallel.  Halley's had opened up across the bottom of the workspace.  All looked normal.  I then directed Accordance to move Halley's up (giving me three panes side-by-side, and a narrow, vertical ID window.  I saw the same problem I'd see initially.  The monitor is 24" with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 with Apple Prefs set at "Default for display".

Suspecting that this might have something to do with the width of the pane, I went back to the Air and narrowed the pane.  As it narrowed, the image covering the text.

Honestly, I don't know how much of an issue this is.  I'll email a screen recording.  Perhaps if this really is a problem, the recording will help?

• Like 1

So it sounds like it's drawing on top of the text as the view area get's narrower?

Yep. I sent Joel a screencast. Probably not a high high priority.

Edited by Julia Falling

Its (surprisingly) related to the issue elsewhere on the forums where Chinese and Japanese characters would be cut off at the end of a line.  Thanks for the report, Julia, this is fixed for the next release.

Joel - Thanks. Good that you’ve indentified the problem. It is more of an issue for your Chinese & Japanese users than for those of us who use the Latin/English alphabet.

• Like 1