Page Turning Issues

Jordan Gowing

I love the page turning option in iOS, but there are three areas that need to be addressed before I feel as this becomes viable:

1. For some reason, I am only able to highlight one verse at a time when I have page turning enabled.

2. Similarly, I am only able to copy one verse at a time when I have page turning enabled.

3. There should be an increase of margin so that the toolbar doesn't cover the last line or two of the "page" when this is enabled.

(Two of these I believe are bugs, one of them is a feature request.)

Thanks for the feedback, Jordan.  Let me respond individually:

1) I am able to highlight multiple verses either by making a selection and tapping 'Highlight', or by tapping and holding on a verse reference, then using the arrows to select multiple verses and using Highlight verses.  However, I am not able to highlight using the 'active' highlighting by just long pressing on a word and moving the finger.  Is this latter form of highlighting what you are missing, or are you attempting a different way?

2) I am able to copy multiple verses in about every way I've tried.  Which method are you using that doesn't work?

3) This is a tricky issue, as it means the page size changes every time the user taps to show or hide the toolbar, with possible text disappearing/appearing in the process.  Keeping this smooth and intuitive to the user isn't a 5 minute fix, but we are definitely aware of the issue and working on it.

• Like 1

Thanks, Joel. Perhaps the first two are an issue with my prefernces file.

1. I try not to use active highlighting for texts, since I like the option to have the highlights universal across versions. So the issue has been in selecting multiple verses and selecting the "highlight" option. I haven't tried the second option you list but will give it a shot to see if it is a problem as well.

2. I have tried copying verses in the same way as the highlighting method mentioned above: selecting the text and then the "copy" option.

3. Completely understand!

I will reset my user content and mess around with a few of the options in the system-wide settings and get back to you if that doesn't address the problem.

I noticed a case when copying/highlighting would act differently based on the state of page turning.

For this selection (across paragraph boundaries?):

post-406-0-20131100-1517511728_thumb.jpeg