User Bibles

Justin Burt

Does anyone know of an easy way to insert paragraph markers into a User Bible so that it is not just one long text for every chapter?

Not sure what you are asking. To quote from the Help files:

Paragraph marks are denoted by use of the paragraph marker (

Helen,

I was asking if it was easy to write an automate for this. Sorry it wasn't clear. I just don't want to go in an do it manually, that would take some time. I just had to reimport one of my Indonesian Bible translations so I was wondering if I had to add them manually or if there was a way to write a simple automate?

If you've got a text editor with macro writing or scripting capability, you could search for each verse reference you want to begin a paragraph and then insert the paragraph marker after it. TextWrangler is free and supports PERL, so you could develop a simple PERL script to accomplish this.

Justin,

Would need to know more about the text you're working with... does it currently have paragraphs separated in some way?

Here's a thought:

It'd be relatively easy to write a routine that would compare with a source bible. Let's say you have your new user bible open in a text file, perfectly formatted except for the missing

Edited by Joe Weaks

"new ≤1000 verses some-what silly anti-theft device"

When did that come in? I missed that one.

I still haven't been able to find any documentation on the 1000 verse limit, not in the help nor on the website.

If you think you might need to export more than 1000 verses, you should remember to keep a copy of the Accordance 7 app on your HD.

I never thought I would need to do this, until I actually needed to do it. If I needed to do it again, it would be a nuisance to do it in batches.

Admittedly, the chances of needing to do it again are slim.

• 6 years later...

Dear David

I have no experience with Perl. Can you post here the Code?

I have a .txt file that was greyed out, when I want to import it to Accordance. But with the TextWrangler it is now black, but when I want it to import then after the title o.k. klick comes a pop up witch ask where the file is.

Do you have a solution for this?

Thanks for your answer.