Amplifying from your toolset in the info pane

David Foster

I just customized my toolset for the first time which was very exciting. I also figured out how to get my commentaries to recycle so that a new box isn't opened each time. 

However, when I clicked on the toolset (or words or cross references for that matter), it opened up in a new tab. 

Is there anyway to change it so that it stays in the same page/zone? 

Thanks Helen, I changed the number of zones but the problem is still there. 

When I click on a cross-reference a new zone opens up in the same workspace (which is fine) but if I click on a module in my toolset or a grammar, then it opens it up in a new tab. 

I have "reuse tool panes when amplifying from the info pane" checked but it only seems to work for those 2 tools (study bibles and commentaries).  

Thanks for your time. 

Edited by David Foster

David, I think the problem is that toolset items are not referenced items, and so can't run in parallel with a bible the same way a commentary can.  Parallel zones need to be referenced by verses so it can can keep in sync with your bible.  Tool sets are generally organised alphabetically (dictionaries) or by subscription date (journals), so therefore need a new zone, not just a new tab. 

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn
  • Like 1

Much appreciated Paul. And that would make sense why it's the same for the grammars and key words. 

It wasn't a big deal but it's nice having it clarified so I can stop thinking about it! 

• Like 1

New tabs can all be opened in the same zone (except for Analytics), but then they cannot be viewed together. It's true that only Reference tools and other items listed by verse reference can open in a parallel pane.

• Like 1