Ιακοβ

It does allow this when phrase-tagging is implemented in the text: NIV11-GKE and MOUNCE-NT.

• Like 1

I would love if my favourite bible software allowed cross highlighting phrases instead of just words. 

(See: https://wiki.logos.com/Sympathetic_highlighting )

+1

It does allow this when phrase-tagging is implemented in the text: NIV11-GKE and MOUNCE-NT.

Not exactly the same. But similar.

Greetings

Fabian

Cool. So now we just need a greek module that supports this. (My use  case for it would be to allow my eyes to quickly identify the english phrase that parallels the greek I am reading.)

This is supported in our tagged Greek and Hebrew texts, when viewed in parallel with the phrase-tagged texts.

• Like 1

The difference between the Logos feature, and what is implemented in selects texts in Accordance (NIV11-GKE, MOUNCE-NT, LEO-NT-GKE), is that their feature cross-highlights multiple key numbers based on the text selection. Our feature is based on the specific tagging of these texts which maps every word in the translation to its original language (and vice-versa) and emphasizes which words are primary and secondary in translation (by way of light and dark highlighting shades), and which words are not translated (in the original) or added in the translation (based on context, direct object markers, etc.). This tagging is also rendered in our dynamic interlinear. So, while their feature has its benefits, it is very different in scope to the phrase-tagging that is represented in our select texts.

Edited by Rick Bennett
  • Like 3

Rick, do you know (or can you say or is it to early to know) if phrase tagging will be added to the net second edition when it comes to Accordance? I notice it is strongs and your current phrase tagging are gk.

https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/22526-net-bible-second-edition-and-how-they-do-it/

Thanks

Ps, are we likely to get phrase tagging on ios as well (ever hopeful) and I guess the those on the dark side will also want to know about their mobile platform.

;o)

Edited by ukfraser

Rick, do you know (or can you say or is it to early to know) if phrase tagging will be added to the net second edition when it comes to Accordance? I notice it is strongs and your current phrase tagging are gk.

https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/22526-net-bible-second-edition-and-how-they-do-it/

Thanks

Ps, are we likely to get phrase tagging on ios as well (ever hopeful) and I guess the those on the dark side will also want to know about their mobile platform.

;o)

I haven't seen the data files yet, so cannot comment on how it might be implemented in Accordance. I do know we are actively working on acquiring this, though.

• Like 2