Difference in PhotoGuide modules?

TheBard

Hi,

I have a few PhotoGuide modules but honestly don't know the real difference between them all. Here is what I have:

-Bible Lands PhotoGuide 4

-PhotoGuide Egypt

-PhotoGuide Europe

-PhotoGuide Israel

-PhotoGuide Near East

-PhotoGuide Overview

-PhotoGuide Turkey

Mainly I'm confused by PhotoGuide Overview and Bible Lands PhotoGuide 4, and how these are different from each other and how they are different the individual PhotoGuide modules. Do some of these include parts of others or something like that? Really I just don't know how these are all different.

The product descriptions don't really seem to describe this, nor do the intros in the module. Would be helpful if I was able to know from these two places. But maybe I'm missing something.

If someone can help me understand that would be great!

-PhotoGuide

This thread is quite useful.

https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/20020-photoguide-upgrades/?hl=photoguide

Basically, the old photoguide 4 set was reaching the 2 gig file size limit so the set was split. My understanding is that you can remove photoguide 4.

Yes, if you have all 6 individual modules you no longer need PhotoGuide 4. It will offer to download, though, so that people do not have the complete set will have access to the photos in 4 that are not in the Overview.

Thanks for the thread and info. It looks like I no longer need Bible Lands PhotoGuide 4 then because it is the same as Overview, is that correct? However, I'm still confused on what the difference is between Overview and the individual modules. Thanks.

PhotoGuide 4 has been updated and replaced by six different individual modules (Overview + 5 others). Unless you have all six of those new modules, you will want to keep PhotoGuide 4. The Overview does NOT contain everything with the PhotoGuide 4.

Just as an example, one of the very first articles is entitled "Abel Beth-maacah". PhotoGuide 4 contains 8 photos. The Overview only contains 2 photos.  The Overview article points to the PhotoGuide-Israel module which contains the 8 photos. 

Additionally, some of the six new individual modules will receive periodic additions. Just last month, hundreds of new photos were added to PhotoGuide-Israel.

• Like 1

Ok, thanks Julie. I have all 6 so I'm good there. Is it fair to say then that the Overview module is just a small sample of all of the other 5 modules? If so, then why would you still need Overview? Would the individual 5 modules be sufficient to cover all that Overview has to offer?

Another way of thinking of it is in terms of a dictionary, with overview being the one-volume condensed version that has references (links in accordance terms) to articles in the multivolume encyclopedia.

You don't need to start with the overview (i.e. there is nothing stopping you from going straight to the relevant volume) but it is a good place to start.

The Overview is also convenient as the main link to places from the Atlas (and where chosen as the dictionary lookup in other locations). The Overview includes every place, and lets you choose whether to go on to a fuller article with more images.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to TheBard for the question and to all those who responded for their explanations.  Very helpful.