Accordance randomly crashes when I enter the app m

taliesin1077

This is going to be a frustrating one to troubleshoot, unfortunately. About 25% of the time I go into the Android app, it crashes and reports to the Android system that it crashed. It always opens right back up, so I'm not sure what's causing it, but it doesn't seem to have any lasting harm. It's just annoying, more than anything else.

Only a guess, but delete all modules you don't use. See what happens. Then install slowly other tools, best one for one. Or delete more to see what happens. It can be a module causes the crash. I had this once on the Mac. If its so then it would be fine you report it.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

Fabian's guess is as good as any.

Intermittent errors are the worst, especially if we can't establish the steps to replicate them.

If you can isolate it to content (or something else), let me know and I'll use it as much as I can on my end. If it will happen under the debugger, that is a very good thing.

How can I remove modules? Not immediately apparent in any of the UI. It just happened again. I try to go into it, and it crashed.

The only thing I have up on the screen is NET Bible 1:1 with notes.

To remove modules, go to the Library, press and hold on the item you want to delete. Then when it asks if you are sure, tap OK.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I went down to the basic stuff that comes with Accordance, and only downloaded the Hendriksen-Kistemaker Baker Exegetical Commentaries. It's still happening.  Steps to reproduce? 1. Open app.  2. Wait for a day or so using other apps on the phone. 3. Open app, it might crash. It'll reopen with no problems after the crash.

I just uninstalled and will now install nothing for the time being. I'll let you know if it continues to happen.