Module integrity verification.

Daniel  Francis

I wouldn't want this to be something done all the time in case it slowed things down ridiculously. But I was wondering if it would be possible or even desirable to have some sort of checksum button one could push in the Library to verify everything appears ok. The only reason I ask is I was using the NIDB today and a graphic in the jericho article was behaving improperly  sort of behaving like it was half double clicked in display making it impossible to read that paragraph. I thought of trying to report it and then I decided I would delete the module and reinstall it to see if that corrected the problem. It did solve the problem and that got me to thinking; are any other module was corrupted and wishing at some point I could push a verify button to see if there were any other corrupt modules. Like I said I wouldn't want to slow Accordance down asking it to check each time a module was open but thought it might not be a bad idea for a check button to see if all appears ok... I realize this may be more trouble than it is worth to implement but thought it might be a good idea and even save time with customer service issues (maybe not though if you are asking them to do the check and then deleting and reinstalling verse simply asking them to delete and reinstall to see if that is the problem).

-dan

Edited by Daniel Francis
  • Like 1

If you go to "Check for content updates" in the Accordance menu, that should tell you if any of the modules you have need to be updated.

• Like 2

Hmm... I had just installed a new book and did update.. but it is nice to know check for updates may catch damaged files.

-dan