Accordance "Help" is unreadable (too small) in 4K Resolution

Rick Ausdahl

One problem I've had for quite a while and still have with both my production version of Accordance (12.2.2) and right up through the most current Aleph version of Accordance (12.2.4b1), is that when in my laptop's native 4K screen resolution, Accordance Help text (and some of the Help screen controls) are simply too small to read.  I've attached screen captures of how it looks when in native 4K, and then when reduced to standard HD (1920 x 1080).

post-34151-0-00989400-1518061534_thumb.jpg

post-34151-0-48710100-1518061554_thumb.jpg

What happens when you open the Help in your normal browser? I assume you can magnify it there.

Rick,

I am also curious to see a screen shot of the same link to the help file, in Internet Explorer on your 4K monitor.

Also, if you change the URL to something else like Wikipedia article or https://www.accordancebible.com/blog/index.html, is the text still small like this?

As a workaround for now, to be able to read the help easily, make sure to click anywhere on the page and press Ctrl - '+'.  That will zoom the text so it is readable.

Edited by Orly Margolis

I've run into this issue on my 5k monitor, too. I think we just need to add the basic text sizing button (Screen%20Shot%202018-02-08%20at%2011.15.) to the Accordance web browser. 

• Like 2

What happens when you open the Help in your normal browser? I assume you can magnify it there.

Hi, Helen!  If I open my browser and then open Accordance Help from there, everything looks fine/normal using the native 4K resolution of my laptop display.  It's only a problem when accessing Help from within Accordance.

I've run into this issue on my 5k monitor, too. I think we just need to add the basic text sizing button (Screen%20Shot%202018-02-08%20at%2011.15.) to the Accordance web browser.

Pinch to zoom is my normal behaviour in Safari.

Greetings

Fabian

Rick,

I am also curious to see a screen shot of the same link to the help file, in Internet Explorer on your 4K monitor.

Also, if you change the URL to something else like Wikipedia article or https://www.accordancebible.com/blog/index.html, is the text still small like this?

As a workaround for now, to be able to read the help easily, make sure to click anywhere on the page and press Ctrl - '+'.  That will zoom the text so it is readable.

Please see my reply to Helen regarding how Accordance Help looks fine in 4K resolution if accessed directly from my web browser.  I never have browser issues related to 4K resolution, but just so you can see how the blog site you noted looks when pulled up directly from my browser in 4K resolution, I've included a screen shot from that.

Regarding the use of CTRL+ in my browser, yes, it does work to make things larger but I never need it to make things larger because they display just fine, but using CTRL+ doesn't work properly when using it to display Accordance Help that has been accessed from within Accordance.  I.E. it magnifies "some" of the text on the page but not all.  E.G. it will increase the size of text in the main Help window, but it doesn't increase the size of the text in the left pane where the Content, Index, and Glossary are listed.  I've included a screen shot of that as well.

post-34151-0-82971800-1518114118_thumb.jpg

post-34151-0-87697400-1518114148_thumb.jpg