Amplify to Dictionary?

jarcher

I have very little experience using Accordance for iOS. So.. this may be a really simple question.

I'm wondering if there is a way to amplify to a dictionary. Sometimes when I select a word I don't see "Amplify" in the black pop-up menu.

For example, selecting "God" in 1Cor. 14:2 doesn't give me the Amplify option. But, selecting "prophecy" does.

When it is there I get an error that "The entry was not found in any of the tools or texts requested" even when the word is an 'Entry' in my top dictionary.

Thanks

Edit: Oops, I think I figured out how to Amplify to a dictionary. Just not sure why Amplify appears in the black pop-up menu and why sometimes it doesn't.

Edited by jarcher

Initially you get an Instant Details box from god with amplify in, then it appears in black bar as you dig deeper.

See my response here

https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/23157-display-bdb-instead-of-km-when-selecting-a-word-in-bhs/

;o)

Rant: the error you mentioned, there is some inconsistency in the use of Instant Details in a minority of modules which is a bit annoying sometimes.

post-31185-0-30314600-1519314519_thumb.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser

• 2 weeks later...

When it is there I get an error that "The entry was not found in any of the tools or texts requested"

I just googled this error and this is the only result, anywhere. I can't figure out what I broke.

I finally got around to picking up BDAG/HALOT and was trying to learn how to set it up and access it from an English translation bible. I thought I had it all figured out. Long-press word, Amplify, Key or Word, Long-press on the original language word in the tool that popped up, and up comes the prioritized BDAG/HALOT. I thought I had it figured out. But now I've pushed too far and messed something up, maybe in reprioritizing tools or settings? I get the error now on any word in english bible OT and NT, several diff bibles: I long press on and Amplify a word, then select Word or Key Number generates the error. In a Greek text, every word I amplify opens BDAG to KAI. What did I break?

EDIT: Nevermind. :) I don't know what was messed but, but I just thought to close the app from iOS task manager. Reopened and everything is working as before.

Edited by Randy W. Sims