Amplify sometimes not working

TheBard

I've started to notice recently that sometimes when trying to use Amplify after double clicking a verse or word it doesn't work. For example, if I double click on a verse and click Amplify I can only expand upon to the following items: "Modern Bibles" through "Hebrew Texts" and "Parallels" through "My Workspaces". That is, when I mouse over the items with the right black arrow, it allows me to see more things in only these categories and none others.

Thus, I cannot expand upon the categories such as "Study Bibles", "Visual", "Commentaries", "Translator Notes", "Theological", etc. There then becomes no easy way to quickly go to a passage or word in my resources anymore when this happens. Kind of a frustrating problem.

See attached file for more clarification on what I'm talking about.

The only way to fix the problem is to close Accordance and reopen and it works again. This is starting to happen pretty frequently.

I'm using v11.2.5 on an HP 4540s laptop Windows 7 (fully updated). I recently just did a fresh install of Windows on a new hard drive and did a complete fresh install of Accordance afterwards (did not go to all this trouble because of this issue, but because of a separate issue). I will say I didn't notice this issue previous to this, but I'm hesitant to think that a complete fresh install of both Windows and Accordance on a brand new hard drive would cause such an issue (would seem to make it much less likely to happen).

post-33851-0-35718300-1519371753_thumb.png

Edited by TheBard

Since we are now on version 12.2 I don't think we'll be fixing this bug in version 11. Many many improvements have been made and I highly encourage you to upgrade.

Ok, so this specific problem I'm describing is a known issue and not just something wrong on my end?

No, I don't know that, but it's not easy for us to revert to test v 11 so someone else may do that for you. I think most regular forum users have upgraded already. I did check in v 12 on my PC, and did not experience this issue.

TheBard:  Do you get the same behavior if you use the Amplify menu instead of that toolbar icon?  Have you tried making a change or two in your Library folder structure to try and rebuild the setup?

TheBard:  Do you get the same behavior if you use the Amplify menu instead of that toolbar icon?  Have you tried making a change or two in your Library folder structure to try and rebuild the setup?

Hi Joel, Thanks for the suggestion. Next time this issue occurs, I'll try that as well. I'll try to follow up with how this works.

This happened again tonight and I tried the menu instead of the toolbar icon. This worked. Good suggestion.

What do you mean by changing my Library folder structure to rebuild the setup? I'm not sure what this means.

Thanks.

You could slightly rearrange the folders under Tools, and this should trigger a new Library index.