Share our new Switcher offer!

R. Mansfield

If you have any friends or colleagues who have thought about switching to Accordance, please let them know about the best Switcher's discount we've ever offered!

For more information, please see today's blog post.

This is an incredible deal! I'll definitely tell others about it!

Since I’m pivoting away from future Logos sales and investing more in Accordance, would I qualify for the 30% discounts? I’m interested in Greek Pro and the Greek Manuscripts images.

Since I’m pivoting away from future Logos sales and investing more in Accordance, would I qualify for the 30% discounts? I’m interested in Greek Pro and the Greek Manuscripts images.

Nathan this offer is only for new Accordance users, but please share it with anyone you know who might consider it. Also, in regard to discounts on the Greek Pro and Greek Manuscripts images, note that occasionally we offer discounts on everything in the store. Those times would be ideal for purchasing one of these items. 

Sounds great. Thanks for the clarification. I'll share this around, and next time you offer 20% storewide, I'll do some shopping. :-)

• Like 2

I did share the Lifeboat Sale coupon on social media. Glad to do it, and I’m glad Accordance is offering a “lifeboat” for Bible software users of “Brand L”. I received a little backlash from it (as well as some disagreements when I commented about Accordance’s advantages on “Brand L’s” forums, but I’ll gladly take the criticism and backlash to support Accordance. 

A few additional comments I’ll make:

1. I’m letting my “Brand L” membership expire when it expires. I’m not being lumped into their new “Connect” memberships paying 140% more per year for the same features I was paying $99 per year for, which “Connect” includes subscription access to books I already own, hence, double-paying.
  2. Overall I’m pivoting away from major future sales with “Brand L” and investing more money in Accordance moving forward. I’ve canceled any other subscriptions or pre-purchases from them, as well as I scaled back on the sales email newsletters I receive from them. I won’t be investing any more in their larger packages, and I don’t even know if I’ll invest in their feature upgrades (I’m not willing to spend a major amount in them, that’s for sure). Years ago, I had the insane notion that Accordance was “too expensive” and that “Brand L” was “cheaper”. Well, my Accordance upgrades from version to version, even upgrading my Accordance libraries have been extremely low-cost (and provided me with solid resources) and my upgrades with “Brand L” libraries have gotten increasingly more expensive with each upgrade, with the overall value being greatly diminished.
  3. I’ve already moved my “wishlist” from “Brand L” to Accordance, and I can get the majority of the books on it in Accordance. For the handful of books I cannot get in Accordance, I’ll suggest them to Accordance, and if I need them right away, then and only then will I look at getting them from “Brand L” (I also have “Brand W” installed on my Mac, so it’s another fallback on anything I can’t get in Accordance). I’d rather invest more in Accordance moving forward. You have an excellent user interface, offer lightning fast searches, tailor the program to the needs of scholars, and your customer service dramatically outperforms “Brand L”. You also make upgrades to new versions effortless and are crystal clear in your communications with customers. Accordance will default as my first choice for purchasing any Bible study content moving forward (in the past, I’d evaluate each purchase. Some content I purchased in Accordance so it’d better fit my workflow. Some purchases went to “Brand L” if I though they were “cheaper” or fit better into my workflow over there). Accordance will be receiving the bulk of my Bible study purchases on everything they offer.
  4. I also plan to cross grade some of my most regularly used books into Accordance over time. I won’t “go wild” and cross grade everything for a number of reasons (1. Even with cross grade discounts, it’d be cost-prohibitive to. 2. Accordance doesn’t have all the books I have in “Brand L”. 3. I don’t really need all the books I have in “Brand L” in Accordance, only certain books which I consult regularly). I am also adjusting my Bible study workflow where I’m spending overall more time in Accordance versus other Bible study programs, something I’ve been increasingly doing anyway over time. 
  5. As I enter into the academic profession, I’m going to highly recommend Accordance versus “Brand L” to my students and only recommend “Brand L” to them for books they absolutely cannot get in Accordance (and work with Accordance to see what it’d take to get those books into Accordance). I want my students to have a simple, powerful, cost-effective, speedy Bible study tool backed by solid customer service, and Accordance is absolutely the finest in the industry (it’s simply brilliant!). In the little bit of video teaching I’ve done already, I’ve already spent more time using Accordance versus “Brand L” in my teaching. The Accordance interface is far simpler and scales better to teaching environments than trying to work with “Brand L” in a classroom or video situation. It just works so much better in a teaching environment and is absolutely effortless.
  • Like 2

Tremendous post, great reasoning Nathan, and I am in solid agreement regarding the speed and customer support!

Bob

• Like 1