(Mass-)Editable Links

jaapcramer

I would like the links to be editable. I imagine this is hard, but perhaps doable.

Links to sources seem hard-coded, but I would like this to be opened up.

Why: If a source refers to AF-greek version, but I would rather have the English translation show up, or when Links to CW or PSEUD or others are a bit scattered and I like them to refer to one and the same.

Or for example I recently bought that lovely SIL-ESS. There references to the Pillar Commentary are set to Pillar-4. I have 3. I think it requires just a simple variable to set Pillar-4 to Pillar-3, assuming the same books that are available in both have the same index.

And perhaps, in an extended version it could be possible to set links to the internal browser (for free online sources)?

I hope I am expressing myself clearly :)

To try to answer your questions:

1. The corpus of the CW and PSEUD are different, so there are cases where both are required in order to account for all pseudepigraphal books in a module.

2. Working on Pillar now. Links should work regardless of which Pillar set you have, as long as the link is to a book contained in the version of Pillar you own.

3. The rest are up to our programmers :-)

Mark

Note also that we tend to link to English translations of texts as the default, unless the resource citing the text is specifically making mention of the original language. For example, in BDAG we link to the Greek texts of Josephus, etc. as it is a Greek lexicon. But, in a commentary we would link to the English translation. The assumption is that if this is not the preferred method, that users can choose to open one or the other in parallel to the linked resource (which we know assumes users own both).

• Like 1

To try to answer your questions:

1. The corpus of the CW and PSEUD are different, so there are cases where both are required in order to account for all pseudepigraphal books in a module.

2. Working on Pillar now. Links should work regardless of which Pillar set you have, as long as the link is to a book contained in the version of Pillar you own.

3. The rest are up to our programmers :-)

Mark

Thanks Mark. I though to remember there were w few doublings in CW and Pseud, but I could very well be wrong ;) Perhaps this is more about the difference in translation of same texts (Evans/Charles/Bauckham and perhaps same applies in a few doubles in translation of AF, Holmes vs Lightfoot) But this is more of a side issue.

Your reply to 2 is exactly what I meant. (just found out that it does not only apply to Pillar but also to NAC and perhaps more...)

​So in Mt1:1 I get the message that I need to install NAC-42 Although I have the NAC (albeit the old 38, and not yet the 42) of Matthew. So it probably is not "to a book contained" but the book-name itself it looks for is NAC-42 and not NAC-38 (or I do not know how this is internally know to Accordance). Or am I missing something?

@Rick

While I generally like that you do it that way, this too might be opened up. I get the practical approach (which I would keep as the default setting), but there might be those very well versed in the original languages (I am not) that prefer to read the original. I have had occasions where I found out a module referred to a certain source I seldom use, and I had rather had it pointed to another...

The NAC links in SIL should have been fixed. Do you have version 1.1 of SIL?

Edited by Mark Allison

The NAC links in SIL should have been fixed. Do you have version 1.1 of SIL?

Just updated to version 1.2 and the NAC issue still persists.

However Pillar is fixed now, thanks!

Just updated to version 1.2 and the NAC issue still persists.

However Pillar is fixed now, thanks!

We've just updated NAC to version 1.7 to fix this issue.

• Like 1