Automatic Verse Links

KevinPurcell

It seems that sometimes Accordance automatically adds links to typed verses in my use notes. And sometimes it doesn't. Am I wrong about the first and remembering this incorrectly? Or if I am right, why is this not happening for me to today? I have a number of user notes applied to verses in John 13:31-35 and a lot of verse references and I have had to OPTION+Click on the link button in the Notes editor window to get links.

BTW if I'm remembering this wrong and Accordance doesn't do this, PLEASE!!!???

Verse links are automatically added on IOS but not on the desktop version if I am not mistaken.

Bob

When you type references into user notes it does not automatically link them. If you have typed many of them it can link them all at once for that note by clicking on the gear/link icon. I have never had to use option+click. In fact having tried it out option+click on that icon seems to unlink the items.

Wow. That's a real oversight. Please please please change this soon good programmers at Accordance. :)

Kevin, I'm not sure I'm following the oversight.  All you have to do is click the Gear+Link icon to autolink all references in a user note.  You can also just type Shift+Ctrl+L Shift-Command-L on Mac).  The option click is to automatically remove all links that Accordance would otherwise have linked, a sort of undo-auto.

We deliberately don't autolink all of the time on the desktop, as many of our users add references extensively that they do *not* want to clutter of always being linked.

• Like 1

Kevin, I'm not sure I'm following the oversight. All you have to do is click the Gear+Link icon to autolink all references in a user note. You can also just type Shift+Ctrl+L Shift-Command-L on Mac). The option click is to automatically remove all links that Accordance would otherwise have linked, a sort of undo-auto.

We deliberately don't autolink all of the time on the desktop, as many of our users add references extensively that they do *not* want to clutter of always being linked.

And for abbreviations of books in another language than English it is better if there is no auto link.

Greetings

Fabian

I wonder if there could be an option added to Preferences to automatically autolink references? Users, like Kevin, who want autolinking could turn it on. Users who don't want it, like Fabian, could keep it turned off.

Kevin, I'm not sure I'm following the oversight.  All you have to do is click the Gear+Link icon to autolink all references in a user note.  You can also just type Shift+Ctrl+L Shift-Command-L on Mac).  The option click is to automatically remove all links that Accordance would otherwise have linked, a sort of undo-auto.

In other words you're saying it will never happen. Sigh.

I do want this and nearly every other Bible software program does this by default. I can't imagine why one would not want it, but I understand that some might not.

I'd love for this as an option as Rick mentioned above.

BTW Joel, the "oversight" is that I don't want to have to do anything. In many other applications, I type John 3:16 and when I leave the note it automatically saves it, then adds the hyperlink to the text without any input from me. In Accordance I have to hit Update, which is different than what I'm used to. But I also have to add the link manually.

I'm switching from another program and finding the little idiosyncratic differences that annoy me and offering suggestions to make it more to my liking. You can always ignore them. But I'm hoping you'll consider and add this feature.

Edited by KevinPurcell
  • Like 2