Formatting of Citation Exports to Word

KevinPurcell

I'm using the Accordance Services on Mac to copy from my Bible to Word. I type in the Bible reference as such:

John 13:31-35

I then highlight this and go to the Word menu. Click Services (which I installed from the downloads page). working fine.

Now I want to format my text so that I get.

John 13:31-35, CSB

31 xxxxxxxx

32 xxxxxxxx

33 xxxxxxxx

34 xxxxxxxx

35 xxxxxxxx

I think that I do this by going to preferences and clicking on Citation from the list on the left. Then change the settings in the ensuing screen. For the life of me I have tired multiple combinations and nothing makes it look like this. BTW I also want the notes gone too. The little a or b after certain words.

Here's what my current screen looks like...

post-30967-0-47633600-1519771041_thumb.jpg

here's the result. I've marked through what I want removed with red.

post-30967-0-31709600-1519771416_thumb.jpg

Is all of this possible. If not just get me close. What do I click, uncheck etc.?

Thanks

• Like 1

I'm guessing that, like just using "Copy" from the "Edit" menu, services isn't using the citation preferences. I believe you'll have to use Edit—>Copy as—>Citation. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm guessing that, like just using "Copy" from the "Edit" menu, services isn't using the citation preferences. I believe you'll have to use Edit—>Copy as—>Citation. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Changing preferences does have an effect, but it does strange things so maybe it's just not doing it properly.

I'm not entirely sure what each preference is intended to do. I have guesses. Is there a good Dr. J video on this?

The following preference selections gave me what I wanted. And I think I've figured out what everything does.

post-30967-0-52279600-1519778088_thumb.jpg

Also the Services Acc - Insert Verse is working as expected too.

Kevin, I sue the key combination control-command-c and it works for me.(using mac)

Kevin, here's a screen shot. The paragraph markers do not get removed.

post-31190-0-01701300-1519823979_thumb.png

Sorry Kevin, I just saw that you had solved the problem before my posts. I guess I don't always read thoroughly  :)

• Like 1