Library problem

pbgroover

I've noticed since upgrading to 12.2.4 that the library only opens as an overlay rather than a separate pane. This used to only happen if there were too many panes opened at the same time but now it is happening even with no panes open at all. It's as if the 'always show library as a popover' option is permanently switched on even when not ticked. Pressing shift makes no difference either. With the library open as an overlay there is no option to click the info button of a book before opening it, the button is not there. It also means that the library hides the pane underneath. 

Thanks Paul

This is not happening for me, the Library panel opens as usual unless the window is too narrow. If you are sure of your Preferences, maybe you need to try the option in Safe mode to remove the general settings as they may have been corrupted. Press alt as Accordance is opening to get the Safe Mode dialog. Our support staff will be glad to help you, best to email them.

Thanks Helen,

I think I may have fixed it.

The instant detail pane was save in vertical orientation in the workspace, when I clicked to change the orientation to horizontal and then back to vertical the library now works fine as expected. I am guessing the saved instant details pane had triggered something behind the scenes making Accordance think that there was no space to open the library when really there was?

Also, the instant detail pane was saved as a very narrow pane but when I changed it to horizontal it open very wide, I wonder if although it appeared narrow on the screen in the background Accordance had it set as very wide?

Hope this may help find a possible stealth bug somewhere.

Thanks Paul