Visual Filters

Clint Cozier

I know this has been asked before (by anyone migrating from Logos I would think), but I'm trying to replicate Logos' visual filter function. For example, I often like color coding verbs into aspectual groups (perfective and imperfective). I know that I could search verbs by tense, then shift click in the highlights tab to appy the selected highlight to the hits. Eventually, I could duplicate the Logos functionality, but I would need to go through the process every time I wanted to use the filter? I think the only way to turn off the highlights is to run the search again and shift click the clear button on the highlights pallet. Am I missing something that would allow me to quickly apply a filter once defined or to clear it when I'm done.

How have the Logos refugees replicated this tool in Accordance?

You can choose which Highlight file you are loading and viewing, so you could create separate files for each filter.

That's a possiblity....I'll play with it on Monday. Thank you Helen! Is there a way to control the order in which the Highlight files are displayed in the pop-up list from which they are selected?

Edited by Clint Cozier

• 5 months later...

I have seen multiple threads on this, but can someone actually give me steps to create something similar to Visual Filters?  When I choose highlight verbs, it highlights everything in the sentence vs. just the verbs.  Having a step-by-step process would help me (and a lot of other users, potentially).  Thanks in advance!