Strange appearance of ZIBBCNT-John?

TheBard

A couple of days ago I double checked to make sure I had downloaded everything I had purchased. I verified I had done so. I then purchased the four ZECNT Matt/Mark/Luke/John on sale today. When I went to go to the easy install window I notice a NIBBCNT-John that showed up. This was puzzling to me since I've had the full NIBBCNT for awhile. It said in the details that it was not fully installed. I thought maybe I had missed something or did something so I went ahead and installed it. Now I'm seeing an additional resource titled ZIBBCNT-John show up (see screen shot 1).

I looked through John in my original one (the full NIBBCNT) and it looks like all of John is in there, so I don't think it's missing anything. When I do "Research", it shows the same content in both (see screen shots 2 and 3).

I'm wondering, why did this happen. Also, maybe I should just delete the NIBBCNT-John module?

----I'm using v11.2.5 on Windows 7 (fully updated)----

post-33851-0-12367000-1520056136_thumb.png

post-33851-0-81179700-1520056606_thumb.png

post-33851-0-83697800-1520056611_thumb.png

Edited by TheBard

At the Publisher's request, the volume on John has been removed from publication. We are no longer allowed to sell it. Because of that move by the Publisher, we had to remove it from our ZIBBCNT product. Our new product (ZIBBCNT-26) now contains everything except the volume on John.

This is why you now see the volume on John: The individual volume on John was added to the original product (ZIBBCNT) so that users can 1) upgrade to the latest ZIBBCNT-26 product, 2) download the individual volume on John, and 3) remove the original ZIBBCNT from their Library to reduce duplication. 

Upgrading to the latest ZIBBCNT-26 product will ensure that you continue to receive future updates and corrections.

If you choose not to upgrade to ZIBBCNT-26, you do not need ZIBBCNT-John in your Library; it is the same as the volume on John within ZIBBCNT.

Ok, thanks for the info. So basically, if I don't update I'll keep the full version in one, just without the content updates. And I can just delete the John version from my library if I want and it won't mess anything up.

I'm just curious though, why was it added when I haven't "purchased" the free upgrade to the 26 book version?

If you don't update to ZIBBCNT-26, you can remove ZIBBCNT-John from your Library (it's already contained in ZIBBCNT). However, content updates won't be guaranteed in the older/archived ZIBBCNT.

It was added to your account because there is no way to make the addition of ZIBBCNT-John dependent on the update to the newer ZIBBCNT-26. And it can't be added to the newer product because we are no longer allowed to distribute it. So as a courtesy, we add it to the older product as a separate volume (since you already purchased it). As I mentioned before, this allows those who update the ability to lighten the load in their Library and not have to keep a 27-book product alongside a 26-book product.

Having trouble with the checkout process when trying to upgrade this. The website comes up with an error unable to process this request

What exactly are you ordering? Perhaps you could place and leave it in your account for us to check.

Trying to order the free upgrade to ZIBCNNT-26

Tried it again and same error. Have left the item in my cart for your further investigation

You did uncover a glitch in our newly streamlined checkout system. It is fixed now, so please check again, and confirm.

No worries. Glad to have helped in finding a bug and can confirm that it is now working.

Thanks, Helen.