Get verses for User Bible converts Reference number to Greek letter

Martin Z

Can anyone confirm if this is a bug or just happens to me?

I've posted this problem before. But since it did not draw much attention, I'd like to bring it up again.

when I use the Get Verses to export verses from User Bibles, part of the reference will be converted into Greek letter. This happens when I export more than one verse.

For instance, Genesis 1:1–2 (all examples are from User Bibles)

1:1 起初神创造天地。

1:2 地是空虚混沌。渊面黑暗。神的灵运行在水面上。 (Gen 1:1β)

1:1 בראשית ברא אלהים את השמים ואת הארץ

1:2 והארץ היתה תהו ובהו וחשך על פני תהום ורוח אלהים מרחפת על פני המים (Gen 1:1β)

so, basically, "-2" was converted into the 2nd Greek letter. If the latter number starts with 3, it will be converted into gamma. For instance, Genesis 1:2-3

1:2 地是空虚混沌。渊面黑暗。神的灵运行在水面上。

1:3 神说,要有光,就有了光。 (Gen 1:2γ)

1:2 והארץ היתה תהו ובהו וחשך על פני תהום ורוח אלהים מרחפת על פני המים

1:3 ויאמר אלהים יהי אור ויהי אור (Gen 1:2γ).

• Like 1

No I don't have this problem. Neither Mac Roman texts nor unicode texts. Also the UHB° from the Accordance Exchange works. Accordance 12.2.4 on Mac.

But I saw another bug. The German Umlaut Ü is corrupt.

post-32723-0-50691400-1520284127_thumb.png

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

Thanks, Fabian.

This is helpful to know. The Hebrew example I gave is from UHB° as well.

The interesting thing is that the problem happens only to the User Bibles, not those made by Accordance. If something other than Accordance itself is the cause, I would expect the problem happen to all texts, not only the User Bibles.

• Like 1

Hello Martin!  Would it be at all possible for you to send me a copy of the user bible you are working with, and I'll look into it?

Hello Fabian!  Is the German Umlaut Ü corrupt in every text, or only a specific one?

Hello Silas 

I have now checked some other Bibles with the same German Umlaut and the other ones works well. It is only this one.

Greetings

Fabian

Martin, can you post screenshots of your Citation and Export preference panes?  Also, does this bug occur when pasting into all programs, or just some?

Thanks - do you get this when pasting everywhere, or just in certain programs?  Do you have any sort of macros that modify text pastes or input, like a special program or keyboard assistant?

The change is in my clipboard. So no matter which text editor I paste into, it will be the same.

I do use Keyboard Maestro. But I tested it again after turning the Keyboard Maestro engine off. the problem still exists.

Here is a screenshot of my clipboard.

post-32138-0-26767600-1520970526_thumb.png

Sorry to keep asking questions, I am just continuing to investigate what could be causing this issue for you.  Does this error occur if you export from an Accordance text that is unicode?  Any of our produced Chinese, Japanese, Polish, Russian, or Korean texts would all fix under this category.

Also, just being clear, what version of Accordance are you running?

Looks like we found it!  Sorry about the hassles, this will be fixed next build.

Hello Joel,

I'm glad that you found it. I went ahead and downloaded the Tyndale version from Accordance Exchange. Yes, it did not convert the number into Greek. So it is probably due to Unicode issue.