Using at Bible study

Wayne Brissette

I'm curious if anybody uses Accordance in a group setting.

I wasn't sure how having a laptop at bible study was going to work, but now after my second week using it in place of my hardcopy bibles, I have to say it works great. It is such a joy being able to look up things quickly and being able to compare different translations side-by-side. The software has definitely made bible study easier and enjoyable (and I suppose that was the goal).

The only "bad" thing is I also find it easy to wander off and continue looking at cross references and other reference material related to the topic.

Wayne

Wayne,

I've been using Accordance to lead Bible study for a couple of years now. I have a window set up with my primary text (ESV), an original language text, and a couple of other English texts (usually the Message and the NET Bible) in panes on the top window with my user notes running across the bottom.

It's great having all the Bibles opened and the quick searches at my finger tips.

I can't imagine going back to using just paper stuff

I'm with you guys on this. I think accordance is great for group Bible study. Currently I'm doing a study of Christ's prophecies. I can use my NIV text, look up cross references, use the atlas, and type up any notes the group needs. Its great

Archived