Show TOC in Commentary Opened from Info Pane

KevinPurcell

I found it very odd that the TOC button doesn't show up when I open a commentary from the Info Pane. I like using the Info pane to open my top commentaries, but I also like seeing the commentary's TOC to show me how the author outlines the book and how the passage fits in the context of the book. As it is, I can't see the TOC in this workflow. I have to open the Commentary into a separate tab. I tried opening an Info pane in a tab with only my chosen commentary, but it returns an error saying I can only open an Info pane in a search tab.

Please consider adding the TOC button to the commentary display section when opened from an Info pane and/or letting me open the info pain inside a tab with just my Commentary.

I've had Accordance a long time, but just recently began using it full time and I'm used to seeing the TOC no matter where I open the book from.

• Like 2

Hmm, on a Mac I like to open a commentary from the Info Pane with a Command-click because it places the commentary in a different zone that will allow the TOC to be displayed. The commentary may be linked to the search text or unlinked as per preference. This method will usually provide all the options I need with minimal increase of keystrokes or change to workflow. Your milage may vary.

-Joseph

Kevin: If you open a commentary in a parallel pane within a search tab, there is no option for the TOC. The commentary is intended to scroll with the text. There often isn't room for a TOC. The more complex commentaries are better opened in their own tab with tied scrolling to the text, and full search and TOC capabilities.

Hmm, on a Mac I like to open a commentary from the Info Pane with a Command-click because it places the commentary in a different zone that will allow the TOC to be displayed. The commentary may be linked to the search text or unlinked as per preference. This method will usually provide all the options I need with minimal increase of keystrokes or change to workflow. Your milage may vary.

-Joseph

Great tip I didn't know about. Thanks.