NEW! The Greek New Testament, Produced at Tyndale House, Cambridge

R. Mansfield

NEW for Accordance Bible Software: get The Greek New Testament, Produced at Tyndale House, Cambridge w/Morphological Tagging, available at introductory discounted pricing for a limited time!

For more information, please see today’s blog post.

Screenshots:

Accordance Mobile/iOS

THGNT%202%20Cor%20-%20iPad%20Pro.png?dl=

Accordance 12/Windows:

Compare%20THGNT%20-%20win%20tab.png?dl=1

Accordance Mobile/Android:

THGNT%20Android%20Mark%2014.19.png?dl=1

Even though it’s been linked elsewhere in the forums, I thought I was also mention Brian Davidson’s review of the THGNT. If you’re thinking about getting this for Accordance, Brian’s review nicely shows the advantages of the THGNT as an important edition of the Greek New Testament and having it morphologically tagged in Accordance. 

Have to say it is nice to have it built into Accordance now, however the publishers make the digital version online for free!  In addition, it is parsed too, along with a search feature. One thing I dislike, among other things, about Logos is that they charge for everything and often, what appears to many, as unreasonable rates. However, $40 for this or even with a sale of $20 for a digital version that is free seems to make me wonder too.  :unsure:  I understand charging something especially for the work to incorporate this into the software but I would not be surprised one little bit if BW gives it to their users for free.  Actually it would be very surprising if they didn't. Accordance commendably did this when the HCSB was updated last year to the CBS.  :rolleyes:   Of course this unlike the HCSB is not an update but a brand new work.  However, once again the publisher makes it free and thus it would be nice if software platforms did so or only charged a little for the technical work to incorporate it into their software. 

I would suggest using the official site: ESV.org/GNT 

:)  

Edited by billman

I actually looked at and worked with the official online site for the THGNT as I evaluated it. That option may be the optimum choice for some some, but after working with it online for a bit, I decided that having the THGNT available offline and fully integrated with other resources I have offline was well worth the cost in Accordance. If one wants minimal or no cost resources, there are options available and they may suit the needs of some people. This is the beauty of a free market system—one has choices and not all will make the same choice. In my case I voted to support the choice made by OakTree for this product by purchasing it from OakTree. 

Shalom,

Joseph

• Like 2

Just because a publisher offers it online for free doesn't mean that it is offered to Accordance for free. If cost it the primary concern then the free online version is best.

However, the online version also cannot be used for a whole slew of other functionality that comes with using it within Accordance. For me, that's definitely worth the $20, especially considering what we've typically paid for GNTs in the past.

• Like 1

Plus Accordance staff have to work their magic on it and then maintain it. (1 Tim 5:18)

Don’t miss Joel Watts' review of The Greek New Testament, Produced at Tyndale House, Cambridge with apparatus and morphological tagging for Accordance Bible Software.

Introductory discounted pricing ends at midnight EDT tonight!

Don’t miss Joel Watts' review of The Greek New Testament, Produced at Tyndale House, Cambridge with apparatus and morphological tagging for Accordance Bible Software.

Introductory discounted pricing ends at midnight EDT tonight!

It's not a very good review, he doesn't really say anything about the text that isn't in the advertising blurb.

The images he includes of the text in Accordance, while numerous, are not annotated (OK 1 of the 7 has a comment).

Neither can I zoom into the images to see whatever it is he is trying to show me.

He links to the Accordance module page, namely the product details page, but not the blog announcement which is far more informative.

He does not include a link to the Tyndale House page for the GNT.

The review by Brian Davidson is superior, IMHO.

Edited by Alistair

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

Do the Tyndale GNT need an Accordance update for full interlinear support?

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

The interlinear works fine for me with Tyndale GNT. What seems to be missing for you?

Hello Helen

I miss the ability to add other Bibles to the interlinear. I can only use the  first section: Key, Lex, Lex Transit. etc. Or I can't add the Tyndale GNT as interlinear to NA28 etc.

I remember there was also an issue with the UBS5 which first needed to update Accordance.

Greetings

Fabian

I see what you mean. It worked with a preset set of parallels but it does not appear as an option with other texts, nor does it allow me to add texts to its own interlinear. Looking into the issue.

I wonder if the different book order is causing the issue?