• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Interests:Studying MDiv. Greek. Hebrew.
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 20 March 2018 - 08:34 AM

How do we add new search ranges, i.e. Say I want to search for all occurrences of a word in "Luke-Acts"?

My top 5 feature requests:
  1. 15pt font size for reading text (bible, journal articles, commentaries, etc...)
  2. Improved searching for Journal articles. (So we can search for journal article by verse + english text)
  3. Display Journal titles in journal search results. (Imagine a google search where you saw the page text but no headings?)
  4. Improved greek text search—i.e. allow searching of all greek text the same way you would search LXX+NT, i.e. LXX+NT+ApocFathers+etc...
  5. Phrase (sympathetic) highlighting.

#2 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:04 AM

More/Commands/Range and then ...
Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

#3 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:10 AM

Or you can type [RANGE Luke-Acts]

Just like on Mac or Windows.
Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

#4 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:55 PM

Thanks, basically we can do, for example "pneuma [range luke,acts]" but we cant add a new range in iOS like we can on a mac?

(I can't see a "More" button on the search menu/area.

Edited by Ιακοβ, 20 March 2018 - 02:57 PM.

1. 15pt font size for reading text (bible, journal articles, commentaries, etc...)
  2. Improved searching for Journal articles. (So we can search for journal article by verse + english text)
  3. Display Journal titles in journal search results. (Imagine a google search where you saw the page text but no headings?)
  4. Improved greek text search—i.e. allow searching of all greek text the same way you would search LXX+NT, i.e. LXX+NT+ApocFathers+etc...

#5 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x

Posted 20 March 2018 - 03:32 PM

Are they not just under commands on menu bar?

Attached Files

Edited by ukfraser, 20 March 2018 - 03:37 PM.

Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 11x on iPad pro and iOS 9 on iPhone 4s, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#6 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x

Posted 20 March 2018 - 07:10 PM

The iPad has command on menu bar. An iPhone has the more and command is under that. So depends what iOS device you are using.

Attached Files

Edited by ukfraser, 20 March 2018 - 07:12 PM.

Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 11x on iPad pro and iOS 9 on iPhone 4s, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#7 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 07:14 PM

Oh, perhaps there is a misunderstanding, I am not asking how to find the "Range" menu, I am asking:

How do we add new search ranges?

On the Mac, you can add new ranges, for example you could create a new range "Luke-Acts", or "Johannine (John, 1-3 John, Revelation)"

Edited by Ιακοβ, 20 March 2018 - 07:15 PM.

#8 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 12:05 AM

As you found out there is no way of permanent search ranges.

Maybe you can create one in User Notes or User Tools, the last you have to do this on the Mac and then sync. Then with copy-paste to the search field.
  • Ιακοβ likes this
Greetings

Fabian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users