ZIBBCNT vs. ZIBBCNT-26?

Julia Falling

I confess that this kind of upgrade confuses me a bit.  What do I use and what do I put in the "older versions" folder in my Library?  The 26 volume version lacks John/Köstenberger due to insufficient citing of sources, having been pulled by Zondervan, right?  It will be replaced at some point?  

Perhaps I should move the 27 volume module to the "older versions" folder?

Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the confusion. It is understandable! We do the best we can with these "upgrades".

Yes, John was pulled by the publisher. If you upgrade to ZIBBCNT-26, you should make sure to download ZIBBCNT-John. Then you can remove ZIBBCNT (or put it in your "older" folder). You will retain all your purchased content with ZIBBCNT-26 plus ZIBBCNT-John.

We cannot commit to the John volume being replaced. That is purely a publisher issue.

• Like 2

I would bet it will be replaced but when it is who knows if it will be a free upgrade or paid (I know the software by Harper where i own it has both the old and new testament sets rebranded with Zondervan in front one might think to distinguish but may also be to set it apart as a distinct edition. I know they has an upgrade path for me there but it was an outrageous price for them to "remove the offending material". They did automatically rename my OT set though so now in OT there is no way I know of to have the matched set together any longer.

-dan

PS: Thanks Julie for the info, sad to think they might not replace it. 

Edited by Daniel Francis

Thanks, Julie.  I understand that you can't make promises for the publisher.  We have a similar situation with Pillar and Word.  I would hope that they would replace the volumes, but we'll see.

Will Accordance continue to make the pulled volumes "useable" in the latest version of the software?  And continue to make corrections to formatting, etc. (non-publisher-related corrections)?

Will Accordance continue to make the pulled volumes "useable" in the latest version of the software?  And continue to make corrections to formatting, etc. (non-publisher-related corrections)?

Yes. 

Thanks!