LXX vs MT-LXX? Search results

Julia Falling

Thank you!

To clarify, the first screenshot is from immediately before you hit the "OK" button?  And the second screenshot is from right after?

Does the box that says "Performing Search" pop up at all after you hit OK, or does it just immediately crash?

Yes, the first screenshot is immediately before I press OK. The second one is right after. 

I don't see a box that says "performing search." It immediately crashes.

thanks!!

Thank you!

To clarify, the first screenshot is from immediately before you hit the "OK" button?  And the second screenshot is from right after?

Does the box that says "Performing Search" pop up at all after you hit OK, or does it just immediately crash?

• Like 1

Benjamin, what Hebrew Bible do you have installed, if any?

Hebrew Bible (BHS) Tagged

• Like 1

That module is the BHS-W4. You should get the free upgrade to the HMT-W4.

• Like 1

I downloaded Hebrew Bible (Biblia Hebraica) Tagged and it now works!!

Thanks so much!!

Edited by Benjamin Gladd
  • Like 1

Mark (and Daniel and others),

Don't forget that using the Analysis tab you can easily see how MT words were translated into LXX words or vice versa.  Just run your search, open the analysis, and drag in the MT-LXX Lex or MT-LXX Inflect options [Note: Both of these require owning the MT-LXX Parallel tool, which I believe the two of you have].

See:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-03-26 at 11.10.29 AM.png

You can also show it graphically in the Pie or Bar chart:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-03-26 at 11.13.33 AM.png

And of course, all information can be copied and pasted.  And yes, this can be done for any Greek or Hebrew search, including by root.

How do you "and drag in the MT-LXX Lex or MT-LXX Inflect options?"

Hi Mike,

View Analytics > Word Count Totals > Analysis > [top right gear] Cutomize Display takes you to this screen:

post-32543-0-05193800-1559403879_thumb.png

then, drag and drop MTLXX to the next column, and press OK.

Regards,

Michel

• Like 1

Saw the answer above

Edited by miketisdell

1. In Analysis press Command-T for Mac, Control-T for Win. 

2. In the Gear button top right take the last entry on the bottom (there is also listet the shortcut-key)

post-32723-0-39562400-1559407004_thumb.png

http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/Win12/Default.htm#topics/10_ref/db/set_analysis_display_tt.htm#kanchor807

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

Further, is there any way to see the Greek/Hebrew occurrences? The analysis reveals what words correspond to their respective Greek/Hebrew words, but I’m wondering if we can see where the words occur.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi again,

I don't know the keyboard shortcuts or use them like Fabian and others. I open LXX Rahlfs Tagged, search for a word, then click on View Analytics 

post-32543-0-09160300-1559407715_thumb.png

to get the drop down menu, and click Word Count Totals > Analysis

Then I click the gear at the top right corner in this window:

post-32543-0-34231700-1559407728_thumb.png

and click Customize Display, which takes me to that screen.

I know there is a lot of overlap with Fabian's post, but since I already took the screenshots I thought I would post them too.

Regards,

Michel

Edit: Fabian, could you tell me how you were able to download your movie (I used Screenshot to record all of this, but I couldn't add it to this post. How did you do yours? How do you change a Quick Time Screen Recording to a zip file that this Forum editor will accept?). Thanks. 

Edited by Michel Gilbert
  • Like 1

Further, is there any way to see the Greek/Hebrew occurrences? The analysis reveals what words correspond to their respective Greek/Hebrew words, but I’m wondering if we can see where the words occur.

Thanks!

At this point I would open the MT-LXX tool itself and do the search there. In fact I rarely use the Analysis tab for this - which is why I forgot it was there :) I have a workspace with LXX and HMT and the MT-LXX and do the searches there. It's modelled on one in the exchange supplied by another user.

post-32023-0-67882800-1559408708_thumb.jpg

If you have a specific example let me know and I'll upload and example using it.

Thx

D

Thanks!

My three Workspaces:

LXX-Petropolitanus.accord.zipPetropolitanus-LXX.accord.zipMT-LXX.accord.zip

post-32723-0-68460300-1559409213_thumb.png

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

Edit: Fabian, could you tell me how you were able to download your movie (I used Screenshot to record all of this, but I couldn't add it to this post. How did you do yours? How do you change a Quick Time Screen Recording to a zip file that this Forum editor will accept?). Thanks. 

I simply selected the .mov file and use the right click to compress it. 

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

Thanks Fabian. It's funny that the original 434 KB movie won't upload, with "Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file," but the compressed  302 KB version of it will, especially since there is a 2 MB max. single file size. Much appreciated. I will use this feature from now.

Regards,

Michel

• Like 1

Thanks!

I have requested a feature where we will be able to select a word from the Analysis Tab and see where it is in the text. https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/20786-search-back-for-analysis/?hl=%2Bsearch+%2Bback

You can also open a second Analysis with the "Concordance" results. For the same language. In my WS above I have done a Hits Tab which I have set to display only the verses for the "other language". 

You can take the WS an adapt as you want. 

Greetings

Fabian

Thanks Fabian. It's funny that the original 434 KB movie won't upload, with "Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file," but the compressed  302 KB version of it will, especially since there is a 2 MB max. single file size. Much appreciated. I will use this feature from now.

Regards,

Michel

Michel

"This kind of file" like  .mov is not accepted in the forums software (zumindest für uns als user).  So you have to make a zip file for all other than .png, jpg; e.g. .acc, .accord (like the WorkSpaces), .apaper etc.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1