Sync with cloud provider other than Dropbox

Joe

I would love to be able to have Accordance sync my data over iCloud Drive. Other might prefer OneDrive other data providers. I realize this might be very difficult to accomplish, but a man can still dream.

I use iCloud exclusively outside of Dropbox — exclusively for Accordance.  I know that iCloud is not necessarily cross-platform, but it's still a very popular (and growing) platform on the Apple ecosystem.  I know there are other things that I would probably rank higher priority, but this one would definitely be on my list.

One of the things I appreciate about Dropbox syncing is their support for versioning. Finding an earlier version of a file on Dropbox has saved me multiple times. Wish iCloud was more robust in that area.

I stopped using Dropbox and now use Sync, but usually just to share large files with others.

One of the things I appreciate about Dropbox syncing is their support for versioning. Finding an earlier version of a file on Dropbox has saved me multiple times. Wish iCloud was more robust in that area.

I agree with the versioning - wish that was available in iCloud.  That said, I've tried to distance myself as far as I can from Dropbox after the legion of anti-consumer behavior, including employee access to people's data, breaches / security issues, presumptive installation of root daemons (i.e. no notification), and so on (and on, and on).  I know it's easy to find fault with practically all services like these now a days, but Dropbox definitely is at the bottom of the trust pool.

That's why it would be nice to have options, but I certainly understand the prioritization of very prized / limited developer time.

• Like 1

I would love to be able to have Accordance sync my data over iCloud Drive. Other might prefer OneDrive other data providers. I realize this might be very difficult to accomplish, but a man can still dream.

OneDrive corrupted a bunch of my Mac documents. This was a couple of years ago, so hopefully Microsoft has fixed the issue, but I had several documents with question marks, slashes, colons, and other symbols, and OneDrive—instead of giving me a warning—corrupted the documents to the extent that they were completely unreadable. Luckily, I had other backups (I thought that was the purpose of OneDrive?). I've been wary of Microsoft's service ever since. 

Edited by Mark Allison

• 1 month later...

Is something I control (like Nextcloud/Owncloud) out of the question?