Ctrl-Alt-A support for LibreOffice

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

Acc 12.2

Win 10

I am logging this as bug against the Windows version because it works on Mac. I realise it may in the end constitute an enhancement.

Selecting some text and hitting Opt-Cmd-A on Mac offers the option to insert into LibreOffice. On windows it does not.

Could it be added for Windows ? LO is my main word processor.

Thx

D

• Like 1

Hi,

I'm finding that key combination on the Mac doesn't offer me anything but "copy to clipboard."

It only offers other options if the wordprocessor is running when you do it. 

Thx

D

Hi,

I'm finding that key combination on the Mac doesn't offer me anything but "copy to clipboard."

OK, I figured it out and it works for me in LibreOffice, when I press that key combination within LibreOffice.

It doesn't work for me in Nisus Writer Pro. I get the dialogue box but no paste.

Also, when I access it from Accordance, I only get one option, to paste into LibreOffice, even though I have four WP programs running, namely NisusWriterPro, Pages, TextEdit, and LibreOffice.

Edited by Alistair

Daniel,

Thank you for reporting this.  Paste in LibreOffice that is called sOffice will be available in the build. 

Hey Orly,

Many thanx for this.

I just want to check one thing. My office program name is soffice.exe not sOffice. Just letting you know in case the case of the name is significant.

Thx

D

It did not matter, but I changed it to all lower case to prevent confusion.

Thank you.

• Like 1

oh and Evernote too if you can Orly! That would change my life!

• Like 1

Alistair, what version of NWP are you using?  I just downloaded the latest (2.1.8b) and Accordance was offered:

As far as which app is offered, it lets you insert into the frontmost app, if it accepts the input.  If not, it looks at your open apps and tries to guess, I believe based on what was most recently accessed, but I'm not sure.

Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 11.31.36 AM.png

It is version 2.1.8. The dialogue box came up for NWP (similar to that shown in your post), but it failed to paste the text into the NWP document.

Edited by Alistair

It is version 2.1.8. The dialogue box came up for NWP (similar to that shown in your post), but it failed to paste the text into the NWP document.

As long as I can remember the dialog comes up "Insert into Nisus Writer Pro" and it will paste in if you CMD-V or press the button, but it does not auto-paste like many other programs

This is Mac of course, since as far as I know NWP does not run on Windows.

Edited by Ken Simpson

• 2 months later...

Now ctrl-shift-a works in Evernote (thanks so much Orly!), I'm wonder if it's a similar thing to NWP.

If I click 'insert in evernote', it does not drop it in to the note I'm working in (which is what I assumed would happen, based on using Word and PowerPoint), but rather it begins a new note and drops it in there. 

I'm not sure if this is an Accordance programming thing or it's a limitation of Evernote (and perhaps NWP?), in that it can't be dropped into the document you're currently working on. If I want to drop text into a note I still have to click 'add to clipboard' and ctrl-v as before. 

(this is on windows 10 btw)