Experimenting With Accordance User Notes

JohnABarnett

It's probably not an issue for most of you, but I have struggled with organizing my notes in such a way that I can readily see both the forest and the trees. Previously, If I start making notes, they become so detailed as to obscure my work on the bigger picture, or they scroll out of sight.

So this morning I began experimenting with an idea using User Notes, which is advantageous because they scroll with the text and any open text will reference them.

The essence of the experiment is to have separate User Note files open in parallel with the text, and starting with one for Book Sections (broad outline), getting progressively more granual (Paragraph, Subparagraph, and I will add Verses). This way I can see it all at once and keep various categories of notes discreet, adding to or modifying them at will. And it reinforces the cardinal rule of interpretation, context.

I have uploaded a picture showing my rudimentary experiment. Don't know if this will result in something I use going forward, but I'm hopeful.

Has anyone else tried something like this?

post-33796-0-38318900-1522082523_thumb.png

Edited by JohnABarnett
  • Like 1

Thanks for your comment, jarcher. I was wondering if anyone had noticed.

I've begun to work on a systematic system to categorize my Workspaces and Notes. It'll take me awhile to figure it out, since life right now makes it hard for me to do much of anything. But the more I work with the ideas the more I like it. 

The plan is to make Notes in specific, foundational areas (text criticism, lexical/grammatical, translation, commentaries, etc.) that can be built using Workspaces constructed for those specific purposes. Then later in the process I can call up specific kinds of my notes as needed and not get the trees lost in the forest. And since I have multiple Workspaces available, I will be able to easily switch to whatever foundational study view I need. Then I can copy my specific notes as needed into general notes that hit the highlights.

Dunno if it will work, but it sounds good in theory.

When you have got it sorted you can make a pod cast for us and publish it on YouTube.

Something to aim for.

;o)