Multi-volume Resources and Selection Effeciency

Cincinnati

If you buy say 40 commentaries in a 45 commentary set these will show as individual titles in the Library Pane. You can create a directory and put them all there which helps to organize them a bit. But this is still not nearly as 'neat' or hepful as simply having all the commentaries in that set under a single library entry as happens when you own all resources in that set. When running a custom research query rather than being able to select all 40 volumes with a single click you must individually select each volume. (This is also true on Android for selecting a resource to view). At the very minimum it should be easy to add an advanced option allowing one to prefer to have any multi-volume set which is only partially owned to simply show as a single entry. Please add this option. 

Here is an example of how they are organized in the Library pane.

post-211-0-41922500-1522241248_thumb.png

It is possible I'm misunderstanding your request / question as my experience does not match yours described above.

Edited by jarcher

Your option is to create a Group in the Library. They will not search as a single module, but they can be searched at once in the Research panel, and amplified to as well. They aren't a single module as is the set, so Accordance cannot treat them in the same way as a set.

I created a folder inside the Commentaries section of the Library and placed an incomplete set of commentaries there. But in custom research add tool the folder just expands and requires choosing each commentary whereas a set can be selected with a single click. Perhaps that folder is different than a 'group'. But the primary idea is that it would be a very nice option to have available to say 'treat partial as set' and that would fix the issue in the desktop and mobile versions. It would make the mobile side much neater as well. At least an option...and people could choose.

You'll actually want to create a folder under the 'My Groups' section 'My Stuff'.

post-211-0-04625000-1522266665_thumb.png

If you do this, then the item will appear under the Resource selection drop-down.

post-211-0-94451800-1522266670_thumb.png

Easiest, you can just select all of the resources in the Library, right click -> Add To User Group -> [New Group].

• Like 2