Location Urls not working in User Notes

stjacks

Please help. I have been trying to add Location URLs to my User Notes. Although I paste and update the user note with the information from the Greek Dictionary, English Dictionary, or even another Bible translation; when I go back to the user note to call up the resource the link does not work. It is just there. It doesn't create a pathway to the resource at all. I doublechecked to make sure the Sample Notes in my Accordance was working and the URLs there are working. I have no idea what is going on.

I have attached a sample screenshot. You can see the Eerdman's Jesus entry URL in the User note. Yes, I have already updated the user note with the link. However, when you scroll over the URL or click on it nothing happens. Even when I scroll over it, I do not get the instant details information of: "Open "accord://..." It like the link information is there but the pathway is not.

By the way, I am also running the latest Accordance and all applications. So everything is up to date. Again, your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you friends!

Blessings,

Shively

post-30155-0-74911500-1523141179_thumb.jpeg

accordance://read/Eerdmans_Dictionary#13758

Unfortunately you don't have wrote your exact link, but it seems the [action] is missing.

[action] This item defines the action to be performed Mandatory

Possible actions are:

• read 
    Use this item to reference verses in Text modules, modules with verse references, or to open a specific module and begin reading it
  • search 
    Use this item to perform a search. 
  • open 
    Use this item to open or search a saved Workspace located on your computer
  • study and topic
    Use these items with topic in the [item] location, to do a topic search. Example: accord://study/topic?Marriage will open your default Bible with a lit of all verses on the topic of marriage.

If I'm correct this should work: 

accordance://search/Eerdmans_Dictionary;Entry?Jesus

But it doesn't.

Greetings

Fabian

Strange the accordance://read/Eerdmans_Dictionary#13758 worked first but now it won't too.

Edited by Fabian

dear Fabian,

it is still now working. I have no clue what is going on. I was looking forward to using the user notes tool for a new project but I can't seem to get it to work. Can others be of assistance?

accord://search/Eerdmans_Dictionary;Entry?Jesus

this worked same as accord://read/Eerdmans_Dictionary#13758

Sorry it was my foult. I had wrote Accordance instead of only Accord.

Both worked by me in User Notes and User Tools.

Greetings

Fabian

Shively, I'm seeing two problems here.

1) Looking at your original post, it seems you were not copying a Location URL, but a Resource Link.  URLs are in the form of accord:// or https://accordance.bible// Resource Links are in the form of [Tool, Field, Search].  How are you putting the location URL in the clipboard?

2) More importantly, based on your screenshot, you are still using our older notes format, which did not support URLs or Resource Links.  To upgrade it to the new format, simply go to Preferences -> User Files -> Upgrade User Notes.