Questions about Schaff's Church Fathers and Church History modules

Solly

David Lang wrote two blogs about Schaff's Church Fathers and Church History modules in October of 2009 and demonstrated searching within these modules.

Who's Your Daddy?

https://www.accordancebible.com/Whos-Your-Daddy

Who's Your Daddy? Part 2

https://www.accordancebible.com/Whos-Your-Daddy-Part-2

From these I know that available search fields are Titles and English context, at least, and that search may be limited to a range of ones choosing. 

1. In addition to Titles and English context, what fields may be searched in these modules?

2. I understand that tagging is limited in these modules, and I understand why that is the case. What is tagged in these modules?

3. What linking exists within these modules and with other Accordance modules?

Thank you,

Joseph

To answer your question:

1. The following fields have been tagged: Titles, English Content, Scripture, Greek Content, and Hebrew Content

2. As with all of our tools, they are not grammatically tagged, so when Greek or Hebrew are referenced, it is simply by the inflected form.

3. Also, as with all of our tools, we are not dependent on "links".  If a newer tool mentions older or existing resources (e.g. "See BDAG for αἰών"), then we will try to make a special link to BDAG, but these shouldn't be considered our only "links".  With all tools (really, all Accordance), anything can go to anywhere.  See a greek word in CF? Just select it an Amplify to BDAG, Mounce's Greek Grammar, the LXX, a greek portion of Anchor Bible Dictionary, or anywhere else.  See a verse reference?  Its already hyperlinked to the two texts of your choice.  See an english term?  Amplify it to any bible, book, map, timeline, user note, etc.

I hope this helps clarify!  Please ask if you have any further or followup questions.

I like the way The Comprehensive Crossrefs hyperlink to the Apostolic Fathers modules. Are there any Accordance modules that have similar hyperlinks to Schaff's  Church Fathers or Church History modules? 

Thanks,

Joseph

Those massive volumes do not have standard referencing and so it has not been possible to cross-link to them.

• Like 1

Thanks Helen—I thought that may be the case. 

I am amazed at what is able to be done with these resources within the Accordance system. It is time for me to move from my CD based pdf style files to the Accordance version.

Farewell faithful CD, you have served me well!

—Joseph