Interlinear question

cansas

I am new to Accordance so I may not quite have this down. On my Mac, if I choose interlinear in a tagged English text such as the NRSVS I get most information including part of speech. On iOS, I do not get part of speech, etc. unless I am in the tagged Greek text. NA28-T in my case. I do get lexicon, key, and other info in iOS and English texts. Is this expected behavior?

Cansas, I believe on the current iOS version, you need to ensure your NA28-T is the topmost Greek Text to be used in instant details.  If you still have the GNT Demo first, then you'll be missing a lot of information.

Cansas, I believe on the current iOS version, you need to ensure your NA28-T is the topmost Greek Text to be used in instant details.  If you still have the GNT Demo first, then you'll be missing a lot of information.

I belive I found the answer in the online help. Only the tagged greek text will show the grammar elements in interlinear. The English text shows tags, keys, etc. I did make certain that the NA28 was topmost and deleted the GNT demo.

Beside turning interlinear on or off there is a little arrow beside the on /off which takes you to settings. These are independent (really good design) to the text used so you can have different settings for nrsv, niv11-gke, greek and Hebrew.

Make sure you have them seton the nrsv. I don’t get syntax with any English translation but everything else is displayed so I’m guessing it’s the default settings with your text which may be hiding info and different to your na-28t.

Check you have the headings, if not, then they will probably not be switched on.

If the headings show but there is no content, then that may well be a specific translation. I’m getting part of speech content with nrsv, niv11-gke, esv and jps.

post-31185-0-29129000-1523475249_thumb.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser

Maybe I am missing something or my NA28-T will not work the way I want it. I have attached screenshots with all selections turned on.

post-35023-0-16275100-1523483212_thumb.pngpost-35023-0-33045400-1523483206_thumb.png

I’m using na 27 but this is not from search but just opening the text and I’m getting this. Have you tried just clear8ng the last session from iOS system settings and then just opening the nrsv and navigating to the passage?

post-31185-0-39410300-1523488402_thumb.png

post-31185-0-31243300-1523488838_thumb.png

Edited by ukfraser

Maybe try and reset interlinear settings under the Accordance option in the iOS Settings App (i.e. not settings directly in Accordance).

Using the NA28-T I'm getting the same results as Fraser.

I tried flushing all settings, but finally broke down and deleted and redownloaded the app. Everything is working as expected now. Thanks all.

• Like 1