New Windows Install DropBox Sync Problem--Please Help

DoosanMan

I reinstalled Windows 7 on one of my office computers today.   I installed Accordance and Dropbox.   When I try to connect through Utilities in Accordance to Dropbox Sync I have a problem.   It allows me to put in my dropbox username and password, but then it won't enter.  When I press connect or whatever it is right below the username and password nothing happens.  I have tried multiple times.   There is no error or anything it just doesn't do anything.    How can I fix this.   I need my UserTool notes  :(

I reinstalled Windows 7 on one of my office computers today.   I installed Accordance and Dropbox.   When I try to connect through Utilities in Accordance to Dropbox Sync I have a problem.   It allows me to put in my dropbox username and password, but then it won't enter.  When I press connect or whatever it is right below the username and password nothing happens.  I have tried multiple times.   There is no error or anything it just doesn't do anything.    How can I fix this.   I need my UserTool notes  :(

I just press the sign in button and nothing happens.   I'm wanting my synced bookmarks badly.

I'm wondering if it's something to with old Internet explorer and Google Chrome.  It's something to do with the API authorization not working.  It's like the window never completely finishes loading.

Edited by DoosanMan

This is what it look like.

post-35002-0-57116800-1523498924_thumb.png

Edited by DoosanMan

Which version of Accordance do you have?

Please check that your user name and password work correctly when you log into dropbox using Internet explorer and the following link:

https://www.dropbox.com/login

If logging in through Internet Explorer works for you, please send me a screen shot of the log in screen after you press the sign in button in Accordance. 

You can PM the screen shot to me if you don't want your user name to be publicly visible.

Please check that your user name and password work correctly when you log into dropbox using Internet explorer and the following link:

https://www.dropbox.com/login

If logging in through Internet Explorer works for you, please send me a screen shot of the log in screen after you press the sign in button in Accordance. 

You can PM the screen shot to me if you don't want your user name to be publicly visible.

I really appreciate you helping me with this.   It says dropbox doesn't support this browser.   See attached screenshot.

post-35002-0-04856500-1523552796_thumb.png

Dropbox upgraded their API last year.  Here is an article with step by step instructions on how to update to the latest Internet Explorer:

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/how-to-update-internet-explorer

Thanks!  I got it updated and now I was able to get past the sign in page and past the Captcha page.   Now when I get to the page asking permission to access my dropbox account I get some more errors.   See attached screenshot of page 1 and then what happens when I give permission.   Thanks!

post-35002-0-65570600-1523574227_thumb.png

post-35002-0-66571800-1523574234_thumb.png

Despite this error message, did you get Dropbox to link with Accordance?

Despite this error message, did you get Dropbox to link with Accordance?

No, I'm sorry it didn't.   Anything else I can do?

Just to be sure.  Can you log in to Dropbox using just Internet Explorer?

Just to be sure.  Can you log in to Dropbox using just Internet Explorer?

Yes, I can.  Here is an attached screenshot.   Thank you

post-35002-0-76675500-1523652422_thumb.png

Orly I sent you a PM.  Thanks

Edited by DoosanMan

Thanks Orly for helping resolve this problem.  I appreciate it.

• Like 1