NIDB citations issue

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

If I copy as Citation or as Bibliography in the NIDB, the citation reference lists the author, but lists the article as the letter, rather than the name of the article.   For example, if I copy from the article on Nebo, Town Of, I get

R. JUSTIN HARKINS, “N,” NIDB, paragraph 37291.  {Bilbiography}

nee´boh [נְבוֹ nevo]. One of the Moabite towns conquered by Israelites (Num 32:3–4). The Reubenites and Gadites asked Moses for the land, which the Reubenites settled (Num 32:38). The 9th-cent. BCE MOABITE STONE of King MESHA reports, “CHEMOSH said to me ‘Go, take Nebo from Israel.’” Nebo apparently remained a Moabite town because it is mentioned in oracles against Moab (Isa 15:2; Jer 48:1, 22). See MOAB, MOABITES; REUBEN, REUBENITES.

R. JUSTIN HARKINS, “N,” NIDB, paragraph 37291.

https://accordance.bible/link/read/NIDB#37291

{COpy as citation}

Given that different authors write each article, the title should show the author of the title.

NEBO, TOWN OF nee´boh [נְבוֹ nevo]. One of the Moabite towns conquered by Israelites (Num 32:3–4). The Reubenites and Gadites asked Moses for the land, which the Reubenites settled (Num 32:38). The 9th-cent. bce MOABITE STONE of King MESHA reports, “CHEMOSH said to me ‘Go, take Nebo from Israel.’ ” Nebo apparently remained a Moabite town because it is mentioned in oracles against Moab (Isa 15:2; Jer 48:1, 22). See MOAB, MOABITES; REUBEN, REUBENITES.

R. JUSTIN HARKINS

´ Secondary Stress

cent. century

R. Justin Harkins, “Nebo, Town Of,” ed. Katharine Doob Sakenfeld, The New Interpreter’s Dictionary of the Bible (Nashville, TN: Abingdon Press, 2006–2009), 245.

Is what I get when I copy the same text from Verbum. Which is not too much more satisfying since we have a page number there but not adding in  "Volume 4". I suspect that Abingdon's raw text was less complete than is ideal.

-dan

If I copy as Citation or as Bibliography in the NIDB, the citation reference lists the author, but lists the article as the letter, rather than the name of the article.   For example, if I copy from the article on Nebo, Town Of, I get

R. JUSTIN HARKINS, “N,” NIDB, paragraph 37291.  {Bilbiography}

nee´boh [נְבוֹ nevo]. One of the Moabite towns conquered by Israelites (Num 32:3–4). The Reubenites and Gadites asked Moses for the land, which the Reubenites settled (Num 32:38). The 9th-cent. BCE MOABITE STONE of King MESHA reports, “CHEMOSH said to me ‘Go, take Nebo from Israel.’” Nebo apparently remained a Moabite town because it is mentioned in oracles against Moab (Isa 15:2; Jer 48:1, 22). See MOAB, MOABITES; REUBEN, REUBENITES.

R. JUSTIN HARKINS, “N,” NIDB, paragraph 37291.

https://accordance.bible/link/read/NIDB#37291

{COpy as citation}

Given that different authors write each article, the title should show the author of the title.

This should be an easy fix. We'll take a look at it.

• Like 1