Dockable Highlight window?

LWP413

Hey guys

Is there a way to dock the highlight window instead of having it floating about?

I like to have 2 or 3 workspaces open at times. I'll use highlights in one, but in the other the floating window just gets in the way. Would be great to have that highlight window docked into specific workspaces.

You can see in the image attached - I have an empty reference list on the left of my screen just so that my highlight window isn't blocking anything useful. I'd prefer that window to be "glued" in on the left instead of hovering over the empty list.

post-34403-0-18524800-1523939793_thumb.png

Edited by LWP413
  • Like 3

I'm afraid that isn't an option at the moment. Lets see whether others would find it helpful.

• Like 1

Yes I think this would be a good feature to have as an option. I have a workspace set up so that there is space available to have the highlights window open but as soon as I move to another workspace I need to get rid of the highlights, even if I intend to go back to the original workspace.

So a +1 from me.

• Like 1

There's been some discussion of tweaking the highlighting feature and making it more flexible. See here

I'd like to see highlights, perhaps one or two colors, built right into the Toolbar. It would save me lots of time! 

Edited by Benjamin Gladd
  • Like 3

There's been some discussion of tweaking the highlighting feature and making it more flexible. See here

I'd like to see highlights, perhaps one or two colors, built right into the Toolbar. It would save me lots of time! 

Yes maybe even one which was a drop down from the toolbar showing the first say 10 highlight styles - Word has a similar feature:

post-30494-0-76248700-1524067769_thumb.png

However if you had a large number of highlights or wanted to include the symbols then a dockable window would be more appropriate. I suppose flexibility (complexity?  :wacko: ) is the watchword.

Edited by Steve King
  • Like 2

Yes maybe even one which was a drop down from the toolbar showing the first say 10 highlight styles - Word has a similar feature:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-04-18 at 17.09.13.png

However if you had a large number of highlights or wanted to include the symbols then a dockable window would be more appropriate. I suppose flexibility (complexity?  :wacko: ) is the watchword.

Very good idea! A drop-down box would be splendid. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Any further discussion of a refinement of highlights?