Workspace Tabs on One Window

bandnerd321

Hi there! I think it would be wonderful if there was a quick and easy way to open workspaces as tabs on the same open window rather than opening up entire new windows. I have attached a screenshot of what I am talking about. What is labeled "Sermon Preparation," "English Study," and "NT Study" are all actual workspaces that are in the same window but in different tabs. I have found a way to accomplish this, but I wish there was a faster and easier way to accomplish it.post-35035-0-79087400-1523995610_thumb.png

Hmmm, when I add a workspace to one I have open, I have the new workspaces  populate tabs as you have noticed. This is actually new behavior, because a year or so ago the new workspaces would populate a new window, hiding the original one,  and one would need to use the window tool to switch workspaces. I don't remember doing anything to change this behavior—I just noted it after an update and thought, "Great, this is what I have been wanting!" Now, once I have such a new workspace of workspaces that I plan to use on a regular basis, I simply save it as a new workspace using "add workspace" at the bottom of the Workspaces tool, which will ask for a name as the new workspace is saved for the first time.

Hope this adds some information for you,

—Joseph

Edited by Solly

I too have noticed this behavior at times and really like it, but I have no clue as to how to turn it on and off. Any guidance in this would be greatly appreciated.

Isn't this due to the Sierra feature mentioned here https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/19375-new-tabs-in-sierra

Yep. If you’re on a Mac running Accordance in fullscreen mode (you’ve clicked the green button in the top left corner of the window), new workspaces will appear as tabs.

Thanks Daniel and Rick for the explanation. I guess I didn't understand what the referenced thread was describing—probably I didn't look closely since I do not use multiple monitors.

—Joseph

• Like 1

Thanks Daniel and Rick for the explanation. I guess I didn't understand what the referenced thread was describing—probably I didn't look closely since I do not use multiple monitors.

—Joseph

Yes, thank you! The more I learn, the more I find that I have so much more to learn. :)

...The more I learn, the more I find that I have so much more to learn. :)

That thought, Don, is the mark of wisdom!

—Joseph