#1 bandnerd321

bandnerd321

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:07 PM

Hi there! I think it would be wonderful if there was a quick and easy way to open workspaces as tabs on the same open window rather than opening up entire new windows. I have attached a screenshot of what I am talking about. What is labeled "Sermon Preparation," "English Study," and "NT Study" are all actual workspaces that are in the same window but in different tabs. I have found a way to accomplish this, but I wish there was a faster and easier way to accomplish it.Attached File  Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 11.42.28 AM.png   562.16KB   0 downloads

#2 Solly

Solly

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Interests:Far too many for my own good! ;-)
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:35 PM

Hmmm, when I add a workspace to one I have open, I have the new workspaces  populate tabs as you have noticed. This is actually new behavior, because a year or so ago the new workspaces would populate a new window, hiding the original one,  and one would need to use the window tool to switch workspaces. I don't remember doing anything to change this behavior—I just noted it after an update and thought, "Great, this is what I have been wanting!" Now, once I have such a new workspace of workspaces that I plan to use on a regular basis, I simply save it as a new workspace using "add workspace" at the bottom of the Workspaces tool, which will ask for a name as the new workspace is saved for the first time.

Hope this adds some information for you,

—Joseph

Edited by Solly, 17 April 2018 - 03:36 PM.

Joseph F Sollenberger, Jr

#3 Don Adams

Don Adams

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:32 PM

I too have noticed this behavior at times and really like it, but I have no clue as to how to turn it on and off. Any guidance in this would be greatly appreciated.

#4 דָנִיאֶל

דָנִיאֶל

Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,567 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, Android

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:37 PM

Isn't this due to the Sierra feature mentioned here https://www.accordan...-tabs-in-sierra

Thx

D

Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua
ἡ μόνη ἀγαθὴ γλῶσσα γλῶσσα νεκρὰ ἐστιν
lišanu ēdēnitu damqitu lišanu mītu

"Du stammst vom Herrn Adam und der Herrin Eva ab", sagte Aslan. "Und das ist zugleich Ehre genug, um das Häupt des ärmsten Bettlers zu erheben, und genug, um die Schultern des größten Kaisers auf Erden zu beugen. Sei zufrieden." Aslan, Die Chroniken von Narnia, Prinz Kaspian von Narnia. CS Lewis. Übersetzt von Wolfgang Holbein und Christian Rendel.

Accordance Syntax Search For Wallace's Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics : https://github.com/4...WallaceInSyntax

Accordance Crib Sheets: http://47rooks.com/l...ch-crib-sheets/

Accordance Configurations :

Mac : 2009 27" iMac
12GB RAM

Windows : MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro laptop
Intel Core Duo Intel i7 Kabylake

Android : Samsung Note III 5.0, Samsung Tab S3 7.0 and Lenovo TAB4 8" 7.1

#5 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 4,490 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Interests:Biblical studies/backgrounds & Patristics; Eastern Orthodox theology/practice; time w/my wife, Kathy & hound, Lucy Mae; cooking w/cast iron & Tabasco; excursions in my Jeep Wrangler
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:53 PM

Isn't this due to the Sierra feature mentioned here https://www.accordan...-tabs-in-sierra

Yep. If you’re on a Mac running Accordance in fullscreen mode (you’ve clicked the green button in the top left corner of the window), new workspaces will appear as tabs.

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

#6 Solly

Solly

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:57 PM

Thanks Daniel and Rick for the explanation. I guess I didn't understand what the referenced thread was describing—probably I didn't look closely since I do not use multiple monitors.

—Joseph

• Don Adams likes this

#7 Don Adams

Don Adams

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 05:25 AM

Thanks Daniel and Rick for the explanation. I guess I didn't understand what the referenced thread was describing—probably I didn't look closely since I do not use multiple monitors.

—Joseph

Yes, thank you! The more I learn, the more I find that I have so much more to learn. :)

#8 Solly

Solly

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 05:29 AM

...The more I learn, the more I find that I have so much more to learn. :)

That thought, Don, is the mark of wisdom!

—Joseph

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Workspaces

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users