If I buy the set of NICNT, would it be possible to transfer my single volumes to other?

Mutien Chen

I bought Mark, Romans, Act, and 1 Cor. these four individual volumes in the past. Because there is not custom upgrade option for NICNT, I am wondering whether it's possible for me to sale/transfer these four voulmes to others after I bought the set of NICNT? I think it's reasonable to do this because I bought them twice? 

Mutien, you are allowed to sell any Accordance volumes or modules you own.  The admin team discourage using this forum for personal advertisements.  Helen has previously suggested that the Accordance Facebook page might be a good place to start.  Also, you should keep in mind that there is an admin charge to move a module over to another user.  I'm sure the sales team will keep you right.

Paul.

p.s. If you have bought the modules in the last three months you should get full credit for them.  Again, sales will keep you right on this.

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

I created an Accordance resale’s page on Facebook you can try there

Paul, thanks for reminding. I won't post it on facebook and I am not selling them on the forum. I am just curious why isn't it possible to offer a option for custom upgrade? Which I was told it's because the contract with the publisher. For there is a option for crossgrade discount buying the same product in different platforms, but why not for the people who bought the same products in the same platform?  I just don't want to waste my investment in Accordance and I am afraid of if I buy the whole set, I couldn't sell those four books, because these four are overlapping. 

If I want to sell a good price, I won't sell these books outside my country. If I would like to sell with an acceptable price which should be under the sale price, deducting the charge of transfer fee, oversea transaction fee and the currency exchange fee, only a little money I could get. 

• Like 1

As paul mentioned, I would be tempted to contact sales direct in this case. They are generally very helpful and will investigate the options for you.

Thanks,I will do it later, I think this topic could be deleted.

Edited by Mutien Chen

We'll keep the topic as I think it is of general interest.

Yes you can sell or transfer the individual volumes. Yes, if bought in the past 90 days we'll give you full credit if you buy the set.

If it is cheaper to buy the remaining volumes at the current sale, do that and we'll give you the set free.

The reason we cannot do custom upgrades on the commentary and other sets is that the royalty arrangements with the publishers don't allow for it. Generally the royalties on the sets are lower than those on the volumes which is why we can offer them at better prices.

• Like 2

Thanks Helen! I'm glad to support Accordance maximally, at the same time not wanting any clutter at all, so I'm happy to give feedback and write reviews. I think sets is an excellent way of selling Commentary and Monograph series, I won't apply this consistenly elsewhere, over at a certain competitor (which platform I don't grow) I buy only individual volumes. The few times I felt like cherry-picking I became most content.
But in Collections, You could try bundling a sampling instead of full whole-Bible sets of conservative scholarship. To me inclusions of commentary sets such as New American Commentary or Tyndale Commentary and "equivalent" ones, don't add a dime of value so personally I can live without having the under Accordance. Tyndale Commentary is actullay really good, it's just that it's and pretty much always has been the one that is the very easiest to obtain under any platform or format of choice - so as a base set it fills a purpose elsewhere and is not essential to having duplicated under Accordance. It was my free choise with all options avaible and feasible. Regarding the New American Commentary I've never desired to pay for it regardless:

Generally the royalties on the sets are lower than those on the volumes which is why we can offer them at better prices.